2 ∞༺♥༻✧ To Love Is To Hurt

The rosy sky reminds me of you

I still miss you

and I'm sorry I was not there for you.

˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙

After talking to Jungkook a bit, Tae explained why he was there.  Jungkook was fine with it of course so he asked Jungkook to join them in the tree to meet Jennie.

"Hi," Jennie said.

"Jennie, this is Jungkook, my best friend.  This is his treehouse."

"Hi," the shy boy said.

"I hope you don't mind that Tae let me come up here."

"No, you guys are welcome, I never come here anymore. It's nice that you guys are here. I hope you like it."

"Oh, it's super nice, it just needs a few things to make it cozier.  Like some pillows and blankets."

"Thanks, we can fix it up, if you guys want, " Jungkook said.

"Sure that will be fun, then we can spend lazy afternoons here. Your other friend must be the only one that uses it.  Those must be his,"  Jennie said pointing to the books.

  Those must be his,"  Jennie said pointing to the books

"Who?"  They both asked.

"He said his name is Yoongi."

Tae and Jungkook looked at each other surprised.

"Yoongi was here?"  They both said in unison.

Jennie smiled. "He popped in and popped out." 

"We haven't seen him in years.  Which way did he go?"

Jennie pointed.

Tae looked at Jungkook.  "We should go after him."

"A ghost from our past."

"Don't be silly. He's not dead.  Let's go!  Come on!" Tae wined.

"No, he wouldn't see us, remember?  He'll come when he's ready."

"I know but he was really hurting.  We should have been there for him.  We should have insisted."

"He doesn't want us. He doesn't want to be reminded of that day he was with us."  Jungkook said. "If he hadn't begged to stay with us he would be dead too.  He has survivors guilt."

"What happened?"  Jennie asked with wide eyes.

"His family died in a car accident.  He lost everything and we weren't there for him."  Tae looked sad.  It didn't seem like he wanted to have fun anymore. "I want to go home.  Maybe, my parents know his phone number.  They went to the funeral," Tae said.

"I'm sorry guys.  Maybe we should meet here tomorrow.  He might come back."

"Yeah, that's a good idea, Jennie."

Taehyung was really surprised that Yoongi had spoken to her

Taehyung was really surprised that Yoongi had spoken to her.  Part of the reason they stopped being friends was that Yoongi had stopped talking.  No matter what Tae did, Yoongi had retreated into his own little world.  After his parent's accident, he couldn't bear to leave his house, so he hadn't gone back to school.  Tae supposed he had moved away but maybe he had been homeschooled.  He felt guilty for not following up on his little friend that was so vulnerable even before the accident.  Tae cried on his way home.  His conscience would not let him sleep that night but he was determined to do something about it.