14 ∞༺♥༻✧ Let You Down

"You taught me precious secrets

of a true love

You wanted nothing

You came out in front

When I was hiding

but now I'm so much better"

Yoongi!"  Jennie called as Yoongi hurried down the ladder.

"Where is he going?"  Tae said looking up from his book.

"Home, I suppose, leave him alone," Jennie replied with a frown.

"But why Jennie?  What happened?"

"Nothing!"

"Jennie, tell me.  He was doing so much better.  I don't think you understand.  He's been like a hermit for years, depressed and lonely.  I don't want him back to that.  What if he does something to himself?"

"Has he hurt himself before?"  Jennie was scared now.  "I'm sorry, Tae.  I messed up. I accused him of looking at my panties.  He got shy and ran away."

"I think the reason he came out of hiding is thanks to you.  He obviously has feelings for you."

"And you don't seem to care anymore."

"Of course I do!  I love you!" They stared at each other for a bit and Jennie was the first to look away.

"I'll talk to him, okay?"

Lisa got up and came over to Jennie, "why did Yoongi leave?"

"I think he got embarrassed," Jennie said looking away.

"I'll go find him," Tae said leaving.  

Lisa and Jungkook gave each other a concerned look.  Lisa started to put her notebook back in her bag.  "I guess I'll go now," she said disappointedly.

Jungkook noticed she looked a little sad.  "Wait, let me walk you home!" Jungkook said searching her eyes.

"But, you are already home,"  Lisa said with a little smirk.

"I don't mind,"  Jungkook said with a charming smile that disarmed her.

"Okay," she said, "I don't think it's me that Yoongi likes," she said glancing at Jennie who was lost in her thoughts.

Jungkook just shrugged as he picked up his stuff. "Come on, let's go."

"Bye, Jennie," her friend said but Jennie didn't hear.  "Earth to Jennie!"

Jennie looked at her friend that was frowning at her clutching her little backpack. "You're leaving?"

"He's taking me home. Are you coming?"

"No, I'll stay here and wait for Taehyung."

"Okay, call me when you get home.  You need to tell me what's going on." 

Jennie pressed her lips into a line looking at both of them and Jungkook shrugged.

When Jungkook returned to his house a while later, he noticed there was still a light on in the treehouse.  When he went up to turn it off, he was surprised to find Jennie still there with her cheeks wet with tears.  It was the last thing Jungkook expected and he felt awkward intruding on her like this.  Still, she was part of his little band of friends so he asked her, "are you okay?"

Jennie nodded her head but with a frown on her face.

"Come, let me take you home."

When Jennie stood up, Jungkook put his arms around her to comfort his friend.  "Don't worry.  Tae will find him.  Yoongi will be alright."

"Tae hasn't found him.  He didn't go home."

"He's probably hiding somewhere till Tae leaves."

"You think so?"

"Yes, that's what he would do.  Did you try calling him?"

"He won't answer.  Will you call him?" She said in a small voice.

"Sure, he took out his phone and called Yoongi."

When Yoongi didn't answer they decided to walk to his house to see if Taehyung was still there.

Tae waited on Yoongi's front porch and got up when Yoongi's aunt got home.  

"Hello," she said cheerily, "are you looking for Yoongi?"

"Yes, but he won't answer the door."

"I'll go see if he's here.  Yoongi!"  She called out to him.

Tae waited by the door until the aunt came back.  "He's sleeping.  Come back tomorrow, okay?"

Tae smiled glad his friend was home but he knew it was unlikely that Yoongi was asleep.  He just didn't want to see him.

Yoongi's aunt went back into the room.  She sat on his bed and rubbed his back as Yoongi cried himself to sleep. The floor was littered with torn drawings of Jennie.