12 ∞༺♥༻✧ Another Obstacle

That night Yoongi was happy.  Things were as they should.  He had confessed and been rejected and the world had not ended.  In fact, he had finally spent time with his friends and even made a new one, Lisa.  She was funny and cute and she seemed to enjoy his company too.  Taehyung had even asked  him, "Do you like her?"  

Yoongi nodded yes but it was not in the way he liked Jennie.  When he thought of Jennie his heart ached again and his sudden happiness was once again fleeting.  He stared up at the ceiling dreamily thinking of her, his Jennie.

How often do you find someone that makes you fall in love with them with one look?  Yoongi had watched the couple go in Jungkooks yard but he had not seen her face.  He was curious so when  Tae went down the ladder he went up to see who the girl was hoping to get a peek and leave unnoticed.  He seemed to be good at that. The last thing he expected was for her to take his picture.  

She startled him making him immobile nearly stopping his heart.  Ever since that day he found her in the treehouse, he had been intrigued.  He realized she was the pretty girl that walked by his house every day.  The one he drew on his sketchpad.  Somewhat obsessed with her.  

When he got to know her, he liked her even more.  She made him feel safe yet she was as exciting and unpredictable as a heroine in one of my books.   But she did not belong to him and she never would and Taehyung would hate him if he knew.  Yoongi was conflicted and it made him want her even more.

                                                                        .・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

The next morning, Jennie headed to the library getting there extra early to finish up some homework due that day.  When she was done, Jennie just wanted to study her notes a bit before school started.  She had been lost in her thoughts about Yoongi when suddenly Lisa appeared invading her space.  

"What are you doing here so early?" She asked Lisa.

"Jennie!  I had so much fun yesterday.  Who knew doing something so treacherous could bring me so much joy!"

"What do you mean?"  Jennie asked.

"Skating is treacherous.  You never know if you're going to glide like an angel or fall hard on your butt," she laughed rubbing her bottom that probably still hurt from the many falls.

"Ah," Jennie replied understanding now.

"But," she said her face lighting up, "holding on to Yoongi made it so much better! He's so cute!  Isn't he?" She squealed.

Jennie was shocked.  She was afraid that Yoongi might fall for her pretty friend but she hadn't even thought that shy Yoongi would be her type.

"Yes," she said tentatively, "but he's hardly your type."

"I have a type?  Nonsense, he's perfectly adorable and I think I'm in love!" Lisa said with a silly, love-struck grin on her face.

"Are you crazy?  You've known him for like five seconds!"

"That's how love is Jennie.  Wait a minute, are you jealous?" Lisa asked with a slight frown.

Just then the bell rang signaling it was time to go to class.  Jennie evaded the question with a cheery, "see you at lunch!"  But as she walked to class her heart was thumping in her chest and she asked herself, "Am I jealous?"

Jennie let out a long sigh.  Oh, my gosh, I am! She thought.