9 ✧༺♥༻∞ Cool Hands and Warm Cheeks

"Guess who I just saw," Tae exclaimed the minute he saw her.

"Yoongi?"  She said clasping her hands together, eyes as big as saucers.

"Yes! Finally.  We walked to the park and got to talk and I told him how I felt.  We're going to hang out soon.  I finally know where he lives.   You were right.  He lives on your block."

"Oh really?"

Yes, the little white house with the picnic table."

"I know the one.  I pass by there every day."

"We both do."

Tae was happy.  He was finally making things right with his friend and it brought him peace.  "I wish I could stay, baby but Jungkook and I are studying for our final."

"Okay, don't worry.  I have things to do.  Call me later."

Jennie sat there thinking this would be a good time to go shopping to get a present for her boyfriend

Jennie sat there thinking this would be a good time to go shopping to get a present for her boyfriend.  It would be their first Christmas together and she wanted the present to be memorable but still had no idea what to get him.  Since Yoongi lives nearby, maybe he will go with me to the mall.

She grabs her purse and heads for his house hoping he'll say yes.  She feels kind of shy going there but he is her friend and friends do this, right?  She knocks softly on the door and waits.  Now that she knows this is his house she takes a better look around.  'This house is cute,' she thinks, 'just like him!'  Sure enough, a cute Yoongi in a bucket hat opens the door.

He seems surprised to see her.  "Jennie!"

"So, you haven't forgotten me," she says with a little sass.  She feels a little awkward now that he's in front of her.  "I haven't seen you in a while.  How are you?"

"Gg-good," he stutters, "would you like to come in?"

"Sure."

"Of course I haven't forgotten you.  Why would you say that?"  He says a little worried.

"You haven't left me any flowers. Are you mad at me?" Jennie pouts cutely.

"No!"

"Ever since that day we hung out you've been avoiding me."

"I think you know why," he says shyly.

"You mean the kiss. It's no big deal. That shouldn't stop us from being friends."

Jennie looks around at the pretty room and smiles at the cute little Christmas tree by the window.  It had small silver and blue ornaments covered in glitter.   "Actually, the reason I'm here is I need to go to the mall to get some gifts and I was wondering if you would go with me."

"What about Tae?"

"What about Tae?"

"I want to get his gift and besides he's studying for his finals."

"Sure.  I want to get a gift for my aunt.  Maybe you can help me.  She gave me money to buy myself a phone and I want to get her something.  I'll go get my wallet."

Yoongi goes to his room feeling excited but a little disappointed in her reaction to their kiss.  'I guess it meant more to me than her.'

They headed out together walking to the bus stop. 

"What do you think I should get her?"  He asks.

"Your house is really peaceful and neat.  I think she would like a candle to enhance the soft mood, something like that."

"Good idea." He smiles.

"I want to find something for Tae.  Will you help me?"

"Sure."  Yoongi can't stop staring at her while they wait for the bus.  Jennie pulls his hat over his eyes.  

"Stop staring at me." She says giggling. "You're making me nervous."

Yoongi pulls his hat back and laughs blushing a little as he looks away

Yoongi pulls his hat back and laughs blushing a little as he looks away.  Her sweet smile making him melt. 

"You're too cute when you're shy.  I can't stand it!" She says.

Yoongi covers his face with his hands. "Stop it."

"No, you stop it or I'm going to kiss you."  Jennie turns his chin to face her and kisses his warm cheek making Yoongi blush even more. 

When they get to the mall it's very crowded with shoppers.  They hold hands so they won't get separated and walk into an accessory and jewelry store.  Yoongi helped her pick out a bracelet for Tae. She asked Yoongi to pick the two he liked best and she bought both, one for Tae and one for Yoongi. 

"Come on let's get you a phone," Jennie says.  "Best friends need to text each other."

Yoongi was excited about his new phone.  "Will you give me your phone number and Tae's?"

"Let's go to your house.  We can put the contacts and wrap the gifts."

"Okay."  Yoongi smiled.  He hadn't been this excited about Christmas for a long time.

While Yoongi was busy wrapping his gifts, Jennie cut out a little heart from the red Christmas paper and wrote a little note on it. She tucked it under the bracelet so it rested under it. After she wrapped the box, she wrote their names with a marker.  As she finished cleaning up, Yoongi was playing with his phone.

"Okay, are you done?  Give me your number."

Yoongi put in the number and then asked her about the picture.  

"You can take a picture of the person so when they call you see their face.  Here give me your phone and I'll take a picture of myself.  Now call me and I'll store your number.  Let me take a picture of you."

"No!  I'll do it."

"Okay."

Yoongi took a bunch of selfies with his back to her.  When he was finally satisfied, he turned to find Jennie watching him blushing. 

"Th-hh-is one?" She stuttered.

Yoongi nodded and she saved the picture.  He looked really cute but that's not the reason she was blushing.  Jennie had been curious about what he was drawing and had peaked at the drawings of herself.  Thankfully, he had not noticed nor the turbulence inside her head.

  Thankfully, he had not noticed nor the turbulence inside her head