11 ✧༺♥༻∞ Forbidden Love

It was the kind of day that you just wanted to sit by the window and watch it rain.  Yoongi was sad cause it seemed like his friends were avoiding him.  He wanted to believe it was because it was finals week but he was worried still.  Although he had texted Tae to meet with him again, his friend always said he was busy.  He hadn't seen Jennie either and he missed her funny and sweet personality.

Just when he thinks he might be happy, he always does something to mess it up.  He fell in love with his best friend's girl.  Now he thinks they are both avoiding him and he's feeling more lonely and depressed.  

'It's okay,' he thought 'I'll get over it.  I want to still be Tae's friend.' 

But deep down inside he knew, she may never his, but he will always be hers.

Whenever Yoongi was sad he would lose himself in a good book. It was Friday and time for a new one, even though he had spent most of his money on Christmas gifts; a lovely candle, and holder for his aunt, a cool jacket for Tae, a manga that Jungkook mentioned he wanted, and a pretty necklace for Jennie.  So with the money he had left, Yoongi went to the bookstore to get his mind off his tempting neighbor.  

On the way back from the bookstore, he stopped in front of Jennie's house.  

'I just want to talk to her.' He thought.  'I just need to see her smile.' 

He walked up to her house bravely but still thinking he might get rejected.  The minute he got to the door he got cold feet deciding to text her instead.  That way she would not have to reject him to his face. 

"Hi."

"Hi, Yoongi. What's up?"

"I'm just coming home from the bookshop so I thought I could come by and see you."

"Sure.  Come over."

"I'll be there soon."

Yoongi waited by the door a few minutes before he rang the bell, feeling silly and scared.

"Hi."  Jennie greeted and hugged Yoongi.  He took in the lovely smell of her hair and held her a bit too long.  "I'm glad you came by.  We're going ice skating today.  Want to come?"

"I don't know how but I'll try."

"Great, my friend Lisa is coming too.  I can't wait for you to meet her."

"Jennie, have you been avoiding me?"  Yoongi asked.

Jennie didn't know what to say to that straightforward question.  She was avoiding him, obviously, but she didn't want to confess why.  She couldn't tell Tae's best friend that she had feelings for him that she was trying to shut down. "No." Is all she said acting dumb.

"I've missed you."  Yoongi pulled a flower out of his jacket and handed it to her.

"Yoongi, that's sweet."  His face was so happy and innocent she didn't want to make him sad again so she took the flower.

"Can I ask why you give me flowers?"

Yoongi blushes, "because I like you."

"But I have a boyfriend you shouldn't say those things to me."

"I'm sorry," he says looking down.

"No, I'm sorry.  I kind of knew you liked me a little and I liked it so I didn't stop you.  Please don't get sad.  I don't want to come between you two.  Tae is a little jealous of our friendship."

"I understand, you can never be mine," he says sadly and gets up to leave.  He knew it was a risk telling her and he kind of wanted to get rejected so he could move on.

"Come back around 8, okay.  We can still go ice skating and you can meet my friend."

"Okay,"  Yoongi says with a sinking heart walking to the door.

Jennie's heart breaks seeing him so dejected.  She hugs him from behind and whispers, "I like you too."

Yoongi can't believe his ears.  Did she just say she likes me?  He turns around and she suddenly presses her lips to his.  Yoongi's eyes widen and they stay frozen like that for a few moments.  He wraps his arms around her and deepens the kiss.  Jennie tries to pull away but he puts his hand behind her head keeping her close as he stares into her eyes.  "I love you," he says barely audible but it registers in her heart as his warm breath tickles her lips.  She goes back to kissing him passionately. She wants him so much but she can't give in to that need.  Jennie pulls away finally as Yoongi searches her beautiful eyes. 

"Go home.  We can't do this," she says reluctantly.

Later that day they went ice skating enjoying their time as friends.  In front of the others, they pretended there was nothing between them but friendship.  Yoongi and Lisa got along well.  He smiled at Lisa as she grabbed him to stabilize herself, both of them squealing with fear and laughter at their terrible skating skills.  Jennie couldn't help laughing at them and good-naturedly told them they were hopeless.   

"Next time let's do something less dangerous like rock climbing," Lisa said laughing.

Yoongi chimed in, "Or maybe something safer like skydiving!"

They all laughed at their silliness.

"You two wouldn't get caught dead doing any of those things,"  Jennie laughed.

"Look who's talking.  Her idea of adventure is reading a book!  Lisa scoffed.

"Yeah, Yoongi is exactly the same.  Always lost in his head," Taehyung added.

Yoongi and Jennie looked at each other knowingly and suddenly there was a hunger in their eyes undetected by the others.