The Element People

We live in a world in which we are separated in four nations. Your ancestry decides to which nation you belong. You do not interact with people of the other nations. You are destined to collide with those people. It's not like our four nations fight each other. No we peacefully ignore each other's existence. Your world consist of the people from your nation. At least, that's what you're told when you're a kid.

We have the Water Tribe. They live in the south. They are very serious people who don't like it to joke around. Their focus is on surviving. Providing food for their families. Living in igloos and tents. They were ambitious hard-working people.

Then there is the Earth Kingdom. They live in a lot of comfort. Their ancestors were builders. They only got smarter and managed to invent all kinds of things. In their kingdom you will see big houses and a lot of facilities. However the difference between the rich and the poor is huge. You're lucky if you're ancestor was an inventor, your family owns a lot of money. If you're ancestor was just an ordinary builder, your family won't own a lot of money or success. Once at the bottom of the chain, always at the bottom of the chain.

The Air Nomads live like monks. They believe everyone is equal to one another. The older people are seen as very wise. The children know to respect their elders. They educate the younger people on how to live in peace and share their knowledge. They are very spiritual and live in harmony with nature. They have their own traditions and habits. The Air Nomads are very calm and tranquil. They believe people should live without divisions in society.

The Fire Nation has a well-organized system. They have a powerful economy and everyone benefits from it. It's clear that certain people are more important than other people. The children are well-behaved and very obedient. If you are part of the Fire Nation, you are to follow rules. If you don't follow the rules you get punished. But the people are okay with that. They live their lives the way the nation wants them to live.

Now who caused this huge separation? Let me explain it to you. A long time ago all the people used to live in one group. The Element People existed out of four people. They were the leaders. However they weren't ordinary people. They had this special power in them that made them able to control one element. These four people were also called benders. Firebender, waterbender, airbender, earthbender.

It was their job to make sure everything was in balance and that everyone lived a peaceful life. When the bender of a certain element passed away, a new bender was born. So there were always only four benders in the world. The benders came and went. Usually the former benders were quickly forgotten. Of course the group of people was only growing. And at some point it got hard to provide food for everyone and the people started to get hungry and sick. They complained at the Element People and said that they had to find a solution. The Element People came together and decided to discuss their options. However these four benders were all very stubborn. They didn't manage to compromise and their discussion shifted into a fight. A very bad fight that led to the separation of their people. They all decided to go with their own thoughts and forced their people to choose which bender they wanted to follow. Families were ripped apart and it took a long time for the four new formed groups to actually get settled.

Of course the four separate leaders were just like their predecessors. They may possess powers, but they were still mortal. Though unlike their predecessors, they were not so easily forgotten. Every bender was adored by their nation. However when they all passed away, new benders were born. Of course now the possibility was there, that they weren't born in the nation they belonged to. When the people found out about that. They killed the bender. It didn't matter what age the bender was when it was found, it would be unfortunate. But when the bender was born in the nation it belonged to, the bender and it's family would be praised by the nation. Of course, it differed per nation. The Air Nomads principles were all about accepting every creature. Benders were no different from that. However the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom did not hesitate in killing a bender that didn't belong to them. The Water Tribe was mostly disgusted when a bender from another nation was born in their Tribe. The benders that were born in the wrong nation, made sure to keep themselves hidden.

.
.

The Air Nomads and Water Tribe were both nations in which the people had a close bond together. The Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation were too big to get a hold of all their people. So the castaways created their own group. The Peace Proctecters a small group that didn't belong to any nation. Their purpose was to unite the four nation into one peaceful nation. They knew that if all the four nation connected their knowledge and abilities. They could create a beautiful life for everyone together. But they also knew that the people wouldn't listen to just them. And they knew that there were very bad people in the world with a lot of power, who would do anything in their might to stop them. And instead take over the four nations. In order to create one united nation. They needed all the four benders in one place, connected as one. But that wasn't that simple.

The Earth Kingdom had walls surrounding them and police walking around in the city. They didn't really care enough about the benders and weren't in deep search for them. But when a bender was found, he would be thrown in a cell. Left to rot. The Fire Nation however was always on the lookout for the benders. If they found a firebender, they were ecstatic. The family would become head of the country. Usually when the fire bender died his family took over the nation and lived in the palace until a new firebender was born in their nation. Then that family would take their place. They were very cruel when it came to the other benders. The people were to give their child up when they found out it was a next bender. The consequences were awful. A lot of innocent people were killed in the Fire Nation. All for finding benders. The Air Nomads knew about the Peace Proctecters, but didn't like the way the group worked. If a bender from another nation was born with the Air Nomads, it was raised like an Air Nomad. The Water Tribe also didn't care about the other kinds of benders, but still despised them. A Water Tribe born bender from another nation would be ignored or bullied until he left.

So usually, from every reincarnation of the benders, it would only be a firebender, an airbender or an earthbender who grew up in the Water Tribe, that would actually join forces with the Peace Proctecters. When one of the four benders was born in one of the other nations, they kept their head low and made sure to not draw attention to them. Unless, it was of course the nation they belonged to. Through all these years things didn't really move forward for the Peace Proctecters. After 14 leaders a new leader came up with a plan to take matters in their own hands. Simon Cowell. He knew they couldn't wait for the four benders to come to them. They had to go and find the Element People themselves. And at that point the group was big enough to have undercover people in all four nations. They were going to find the new benders before they were captured or killed.

.
.

What do you expect from the story?

Which element do think belongs to which boy?

Also, cheers to my friend @Aestheticfluffycats, who created the cover.