6. "Calm Down"

Liam looked at the boy in the bed. Peering at his chest that slowly went up and down.

The blond looked a lot better than when he got there, but he still looked extremely weak.

His bones looked like they could break every moment.

He shook his head. Feeling sympathy for the boy.

They were going to make him healthy and strong again. But he still felt confused. What was so special about this boy. Why did Simon want them to take care of him. Liam knew for a fact that the Peace Protectors had helped other injured castaways. Of course they were never this bad, but why did the four of them have to be responsible for this boy.

Liam also remembered Simon had said 'the five of you'. So that meant Niall was part of that too. But why?

.

.

Zayn had been sitting outside the whole evening. He dreaded entering the tent, but he knew he had too.

He quietly came in. Liam was sitting on the chair next to the bed. His head hanging to one side. Eyes closed. Zayn chuckled at that.

He carefully woke up the boy. Making sure that the other boy wouldn't make any sounds that would wake Niall up.

Liam shot up when Zayn gently shook his shoulders. Zayn quickly put his fingers to his lips and then pointed at the still sleeping boy.

The younger boy nodded. He silently left the tent.

However the moment he left, Niall's eyes shot open. A terrified look in his eyes when they fell on the firebender. Zayn immediately knew it wasn't good.

He looked at how the boy's pale hands gripped tightly into the mattress under him.

Zayn didn't really know what to do. "Niall, it's okay. You're okay, you're safe," he said with a soft voice, trying to hide the small tremble. The look in the boy's eyes made him feel uneasy.

It didn't work though. Niall only started gripping tighter. His breathing speeding up rapidly.

The older boy cursed under his breath. "Please, I won't hurt you. Calm down, you're going to start hyperventilating."

The boy started to wildly shaking his head.

Zayn started to reach forward, he didn't even know what he was trying to do. He probably wasn't the best person to comfort him. When the boy roughly pulled his hand away, he immediately regretted it.

Niall started pushing himself to the corner of the bed. "N-no, d-don't touch me," he managed to say in between breaths. Tears were starting to roll down. Wetting his cheeks. He was starting to tremble harshly and Zayn knew he wasn't going to calm down anytime soon.

He turned around, left the tent and started to search for Liam. Knowing that he probably wouldn't be too far away.

When he spotted him, he screamed his name. "Liam! I need you to get Caroline right now!"

Liam quickly shifted around. "What's going on?"

"Just do it!"

Liam frowned, but nodded.

Only moments later, he came back with the nurse.

When they entered the tent, Niall immediately calmed down a bit.

The woman ordered the other boys to leave the tent. They didn't have to be told twice.

As they stood outside they heard her comforting him. Knowing that the boy was probably wrapped up in her tight embrace.