22. "Let It All Out"

Harry was still sitting in front of Niall.

He was trying to softly talk him out of what was going on in the boy's head.

The other boys had gone off to their tent to talk with Zayn.

The three of them had decided that is would be best to let Harry stay with Niall.

Judging of the state he was in, it was not a good idea to crowd him at that point.

Lou and Mark had gone off to tell Simon about the whole situation.

Harry had been alone with Niall for at last a few minutes, but the boy was still not calming down.

"It's my fault, it's my fault," the blond kept repeating to himself.

The airbender had no idea what Niall was talking about, but he kept on talking softly to him, trying to reach him. He didn't really know what else he could say any more than telling him that he was safe, but he knew that he had to keep on talking to prevent the boy from slipping any further away.

As he continued talking, he slowly saw him coming back to him, until Niall was actually looking at him and seeing him.

"Can you hear me, Niall?" Harry carefully asked.

Silent tears were still rolling down his cheeks, but he nodded.

"Good, can I touch you?"

Again a nod.

Harry let out a relieved sigh and pulled the smaller boy into an embrace.

"You're going to be okay, Ni. I promise."

They sat like that for a while. Until Harry spoke up.

"Niall, I don't know what happened to you. And I know it's really hard for you to talk about it, but we're here to help you. These powers you have are a big responsibility. We can work on it together."

The blond shook his head. "I don't want it," he quietly said.

Harry got up to kneel in front of Niall. He grabbed his hands. "I know this must feel scary and overwhelming, but here you have all the help you need. And you have us to support us. You can even join us in training."

Niall harshly pulled his hands away. "I said I didn't want it! I don't want these stupid powers and I don't want to ever bend again.

"Ni, we're not going to force you to do anything. You know that. Though you need to understand that this ability is part of you and you can't hide that."

The boy shook his head. "I've been able to hide for thirteen years. I'm able to do it again."

"You shouldn't have to."

"You don't understand. These powers made me lose everything!"

"Then help me understand," the younger boy begged.

Niall bit his lip.

"Please, Niall."

The blond let out a sigh. "I've been able to waterbend as long as I know. I think my parents found out when I was two or something."

Harry only nodded, allowing him to continue.

"I used to live in the Fire Nation."

At this the curly-haired gasped. Already tying some of the knots together. "I heard they kill the other bender."

"I wish they had killed me," Niall whispered. Another tear rolling down his cheek.

Harry shuffled closer and gently wiped the tear away. Then he pulled him in a hug again.