17. "This Will Be Fun!"

"We're sorry," Louis began, "we should've told you sooner. We just wanted to make sure you were in a better state by then.

Niall bit his lip. "So, the only reason you've been caring is because you were obligated to do so?"

Harry immediately leaned forward. Reaching for the smaller boy's hand. "Niall, please. You have to understand that we never thought of you as a burden or something. We got assignments all the time. This was the first time we had to take care of a person." He looked around to the other boys. "I think it's safe to say that we all feel the need to protect you with or without the obligation."

Liam nodded. Putting a hand on Niall's shoulder. "You made us see how important it is to actually take care of each other. We're family now."

"Exactly," Harry said. "You're like our little brother."

The blond gave him a playful huff. "I'm older than you."

The other boy straightened his back. "But I am taller."

"They're right, Nialler." The oldest boy said. "I didn't think we'd ever manage to work as a team, but you helped us do it."

Even Zayn joined in now. "Yes and I think we should thank you for that."

He winked at the other boys. "Thanks Nialler," they said in unison. Each one of them with a fond look on their face.

The boy could see in their eyes that it was genuine and he actually started to tear up a little.

The others awed at it and Harry pulled Niall to him so he could hug him. He started talking to him in a soft voice. "I know this must be weird for you. We don't exactly know what happened to you, but we know that you've had a hard life. You don't deserve that, Ni. You deserve all the love in the world. We're going to try to give you that."

And with that the boy started crying. "Thank you," he started to mutter over and over again. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me."

And for the first time in years, the tight feeling was gone from his chest.

.

.

The next day, the boys woke up early. This time Louis and Zayn went to get breakfast. And they ate at their own tent again.

To their surprise, they were all pretty excited to train together. Once they were ready to go, Niall was still sitting on his bed.

"Ni, are you coming?" Liam called from the opening of their tent.

The blond looked up. "Why? I don't have to train."

"Yeah, but one of us has to stay with you at all times," Liam explained.

Niall still looked confused. "But I already know about the assignment. And I'm fine, right now. You know that. I can stay in the tent."

Louis shook his head. "No, we need you with us. You only yesterday had a panic attack. I'd feel a lot better if you were close to us. Besides, it'll be fun! You can watch. We'll try to impress you with our bending."

The boy shrugged, but got off his bed. "Alright then."

.

.

"There they are!" Lou exclaimed. To say that she was excited, was an understatement.

The first time she heard the Element People were the same age and in the same place, she had started screaming. Only a few people before her had trained with an Element person. She was the first one to actually train with all four of them. She had studied on it for years. However the first day they trained together didn't go that well.