14. "No Need To Apologize"

In the end they decided to break down Niall's tent and to set up the new one in the same place.

Niall sat to the side as he watched the other four benders break down his old tent and putting up a new one.

Even though it took them hours, it was supprising how well they were actually working together.

Liam mostly instructed and the others followed.

Of course Louis managed to still mess around sometimes, breaking some of the materials for the new tent and being sent to get new ones.

"Louis, you idiot!" Zayn exclaimed when the earth bender succeeded to break one of the poles for the fifth time.

The others groaned as well when the whole thing fell apart again.

"Louis, I think it's better if you sit down now," Harry calmly said trying to hide his frustration.

Louis shrugged. "Alright then." He nonchalantly threw the broken pole to the side and went to plop down next to Niall.

Niall chuckled. Looking amused at the three boys who went to work again.

When the tent was finally sturdy, the others went to get their stuff, so they could install everything.

Niall inspected Louis to go get his own stuff, but the boy didn't leave his place.

"I'm comfortable with just sitting here," Louis explained to him when he noticed Niall was looking at him. "Also, I think Harry will get both of our stuff. He's probably afraid I break something again. Besides, I'm tired."

Niall nodded. "T-thank you for sitting with me through the night. I'm sorry you didn't get enough sleep."

The older boy waved it off. "It's fine. Harry complains I sleep too much, so now I have some compensation."

Niall nodded again. His gaze went to the boys again. It was obvious that they were a lot better in moving stuff then setting up a tent. Even with three people they worked really fast, half of their stuff was already in the tent.

"They're fast," he said, more to himself then to Louis.

"Yeah," Louis said, "We usually do a lot of moving. Setting up the tents is usually done by a specific group."

Niall gave him a look that asked for elaboration.

"The Peace Protectors, or the pee pee's as I sometimes like to call them, are like their own little community. We all have our own tasks and jobs. We don't get paid, we just help each other. You've only met Caroline and us, but as you can see our camp is really big. There are a lots of people. Everyone is very friendly," the boy explained.

It confused Niall. The Fire Nation was this very big society. Even though he had lived in a small village, he knew they were part of a much bigger thing. Everything had been very organized in the Fire Nation. There were a lot of rules, the children were always obedient. It made their nation a bit unpersonal. But still, he used to like living in the Fire Nation. He never expected their own nation to turn on them in one night.

The Peace Protectors seemed a lot warmer. Everyone had their own thing, but were working together at the same time. Niall quite liked the way they worked.

"-maybe you could meet them later today?" Louis said.

Niall quickly turned to listen to the earth bender again. "Sorry, who?"

"Lou and Mark. They are our trainers. They're really nice. You'll like them. And Lou will probably say you're cute."

Niall raised an eyebrow. "You have trainers?"