27. "No Airbending. No Waterbending."

His schedule was stuffed.

He hadn't had time to wrap his head around what he was able to do.

Still Simon had been nice enough to allow him to actually have an influence in it.

He had decided that he wanted to spend most time on earth and air. Training water was in his schedule too, but less hours than the other two elements.

Mark had told him that he had to put fire in there too.

The blond had contradicted that and had told the man that he just wasn't ready yet.

Simon didn't agree to that and had said that Niall would get comfortable with it once he started doing it.

Still the boy put his foot down and wouldn't let them change it. The time he had been spending with the boys had started to rub of on him and he started to stand up more for himself.

In the end the leader allowed him to postpone it for a few weeks.

Which Niall was really glad about, because he now could put all his energy in the other elements.

Fire would come...

Eventually.

.

.

"I can't do it, Lou!" Niall huffed.

It had been two weeks since he had discovered what he was able to do and bending air came easy to him. Earth, however, was a challenge.

"Ni, chill out. We've only been working on this move for a few days," the older boy coaxed.

Niall crossed his arms. "Five days to be exact. Five days in which I haven't been able to bend any earth yet. I'm starting to doubt if I even can earthbend."

Louis shook his head. "Stop pushing yourself then. You're starting to sound like Liam."

The boy simple pouted and pulled a bubble of water from the river so he could drink some.

This brought the earthbender to an idea.

"You know what... How about we just have a bit of fun with it instead?" he said with a mischievous smile.

"Fun?"

"Fun!" Louis exclaimed as he turned the ground underneath them into mud.

Niall sank in the ground and groaned, but was called of guard as he was splashed in the face by a big ball of mud.

"Lou!" he yelled out. The older boy definitely had a different idea of fun. He was ready to send a gush of wind to the boy, but Louis was quick to sink into the ground and appear in front of him. Taking a hold of his wrists.

"Nahaah. No airbending. No waterbending. We're only using earthbending."

Then he let go, disappeared and jumped up on the other side of the trainings field again.

"Alright, let's do this!"

Niall was definitely not prepared for what came next.

Louis started throwing balls of mud in a rapid movement. The blond first tried to dodge them, but he was not able to keep up with how fast the earthbender was.

He was getting mud everywhere and started trying to cover himself. The eartbender however only laughed at that and started popping up around the boy. Shooting mud at him from all angles.

"Argh! Lou can't we do an other exercise!?" the blond yelled out, trying his best not to get the earth into his mouth.

"Nah, I'm actually really enjoying this exercise right now!" the older boy said with a devilish grin on his face as he continued. "I also find it extremely educative."