12. "You Keep Pushing Us Away"

"So, Zayn. What's your story?" Liam asked after they broke apart.

Harry however was still looking at the blond boy. Noticing how he was stuck in his own head.

"Ni?" he softly asked.

It caught Niall's attention and he looked up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he said. Voice strained.

"Listen, I know you just met us. But I promise you can talk to us. We've been through things too. And it's important to talk about it," Harry said, trying to push him out of his shell a bit.

But Niall let out a sarcastic laugh. Taking all the boys aback.

"What do you want me to do? Tell you a sob story like yours? Don't worry, I don't need your pity. I'm perfectly fine by myself!"

The bitterness in his voice confused the four of them. It was very strange to see the small scared boy, make a change like that. The glare he gave the curly-haired, didn't fit him.

"I mean weren't we listening to Zayn's story? I would like to hear more from him."

"Niall, what has gotten into you? Why do-" Louis started.

"What has gotten into me!?" Niall exclaimed. "You don't even know me! Stop acting like you care. I don't want you guys, I don't need you. Go away!"

"Niall!" Zayn screamed to stop him.

"And especially you should get the hell away from me!" Niall yelled at him. Eyes shooting fire. "You fucking disgust me! Go away!"

The benders looked at him with a gaping jaw.

"Niall, we just want to help you," Harry tried to tell him with his calm voice.

"I don't need you help! I'm telling you to leave me alone! So get lost!"

They were still frozen in front of him. Unsure of what to do.

"I said: GO!" Niall yelled at them again. Almost starting to sound desperate.

This time the four of them listened and hurried to get out of the tent.

And then he was alone again.

For the first time in weeks.

A tight feeling starting in his chest.

He started to breathe heavily and pushed the covers of him.

He stumbled out of the bed and let himself fall to the ground.

He was alone.

Like he should be.

He had nobody.

He was nobody.

The heavy feeling took over the rest of his body and silent tears were streaming down his cheeks.

He had a tight grip on the carpet. Not even trying to get the feeling down, but allowing it to flow through his body.

He hated this.

He hated them.

He hated himself.

He didn't know what to do with himself.

He was free, but still he felt suffocated.

I should've died.

I could've died with them.

His silent tears started to change into big loud sobs.

He couldn't keep it in anymore.

A frustrated scream left his lips. He stood up on his shaky legs.