Chapter Four: The Loyal Servant

Sebastian's breaths were becoming short, each one slicing his throat and burning his lungs

Sebastian's breaths were becoming short, each one slicing his throat and burning his lungs. His long brown coat was torn up— covered in thick streaks of crimson blood— and his entire body was trembling in pain. He tightly grasped his left shoulder as flesh and bone regenerated in the stab wound made through it.

He leaned his back against a tree, throwing a quick gaze at his opponent as the other injuries around his body healed.

"Ready to give up," the wretched blue-skinned creature standing in front of him demanded.

A shakily growl steamed out of his mouth. Of all the beings, Sebastian just had to run into an Arzyrian. She wasn't attacking; at least for now. Her piercing white eyes held no emotion. Long dark blue hair extended all the way to her waist and her human-like ears were as alert as her reflexes. The golden-colored lightweight armor that perfectly fitted her slender body— which displayed the superior craftsmanship of the elves of Argamon— turned out to be almost impenetrable.

After spending a good portion of the past nine hundred years in Arzyria, Sebastian had learned enough to know that his opponent was a warrior of great caliber.

He couldn't win this fight; especially not in his condition. Having not fed for days, Sebastian's physical strength was almost reduced to that of an ordinary human. He would have had his fill earlier— from those two humans who were driving along the road. Fortunately, he had quickly realized that his victims would have been two young girls and he stopped himself; for he had sworn never to feed on children.

However, there was a dark and sinister aura looming near those girls but before Sebastian could investigate its origin, the Arzyrian appeared and flung him into the woods with her weapon.

"Well?" the Arzyrian asked, pulling Sebastian out of his daze.

Fists and claws alone weren't going to stop her so Sebastian turned to his powers. He drew a quick breath and hit his palm on the ground. A huge boulder shot out of the earth and flew at his opponent.

Without hesitating, the Arzyrian swung her bow-staff and hit the rock— deflecting it to her right.

In one sharp motion, Sebastian charged at her and slashed his claws; aiming for her neck.

He almost made contact but the creature vanished== a blinding blue light filling his eyes.

Teleportation; an annoying ability that all Arzyrians possessed.

Everything in the woods stood still for a moment. Sebastian heightened his senses. She could appear anywhere he thought. His claws and fangs were fully extended; prepared to attack. His eyes searched through the trees and his ears were ready to detect even the slightest sound.

Sebastian immediately dived forward when he heard a burst of electricity crackling behind him. He rolled and turned. The Arzyrian had just plunged a double-edged sword into the ground; a sword meant for him. She pulled out the sword and the enchanted weapon transformed back into a bow-staff.