Chapter Twenty: The Final Move

"W-What are you?"

Sebastian's large fingers curled tightly around the man's neck. His sharp claws slightly penetrated through the man's skin and warm blood was flowing against Sebastian's hand.

A Black Sword had been pierced through Sebastian's heart and the pain... it felt like his entire body was being bathed in a pool of double-edged swords.

"Do you know why black swords are deadly, Hunter? Every creature you kill... all the pain they experience... The Black Sword absorbs that pain, magnifies it and releases it upon whoever is unfortunate enough to cross your path... But you see, former grand master George Pearce, I have lived through more pain than your Black Sword can ever hold."

"S-so this was your plan? You are the one who tipped the Hunters off about Claudia..."

Sebastian smirked.

"Claudia would have gotten in my way," he said. "Which is why I sent a little message to your former colleague and of course I knew she would seek the help of your son... Adrian. I have been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks, George Pearce."

George Pearce... He was the one who formed an alliance with Richard... an alliance that saw to it that Lord Ethan was defeated. But now...

Sebastian raised the Black Sword and slashed it at George. He, however, stopped his attack when the sword was just a few centimeters away from his opponent's head.

"You think I don't know what happens when anything made from Tormentors' blood is used against humans," Sebastian said. He threw the sword away, tightened his grip on George's neck and lifted him in the air.

George was staring at his wife, who Sebastian had already killed.

"At least her death was painless," Sebastian said. "And so will yours."

George's eyes where now red and his lips were moving, as if trying to say something.

"What?" Sebastian asked.

It was faint but Sebastian heard him say:

My son wi... stop you...

Sebastian looked at the once great Hunter.

"You doomed your own son's future when you decided to become a Hunter," Sebastian said.

Just like I did for my daughter's, he thought.

With one powerful grip, Sebastian snapped George's neck.

"That takes care of him," he said to himself. "Now all that remains is..."

Blue light and electric crackling filled the room when the very person Sebastian was expecting arrived; Shira... the Arzyrian. She was dressed in normal Arzyrian clothing; long brown boots, a white robe... and a sword sheathed on her back. The last time they fought, Sebastian was caught off guard and ended up being mortally wounded. But this time he had everything planned.

"Ah... Just in time Shira," Sebastian said. "You got my message. Wait. Before you attack... I want to show you something."

"One last request before you die," she said, the glow in her white eyes getting even brighter. "I hope it's worth it."

"Trust me," Sebastian said. "It is."

Sebastian reached for a pocket in his long black coat and removed a small spherical black orb the size of an apple.

"Is that a memory orb?" Shira asked.

"All I ask is that you have one glimpse and all will be explained."

Shira cautiously walked nearer to Sebastian and took the orb from his palm. She placed it near her temple.

Red veins of light streamed from the orb and into Shira's mind. Sebastian smiled when she saw her fall to her knees in defeat.

"This is my final move Arzyrian," Sebastian said. "Now you know what you have to do."

"How could you... I will kill YOU!!!"

Shira launched a fatal swing with her sword but stopped when the sword just grazed Sebastian's neck.

"I am glad you understand," Sebastian said.

Shira fell to her knees and wept bitterly.

"Th- The solstice... You don't need it now do you?" she said.

Sebastian began to walk away but before he left the room he said, "Today, my master will return and you are going to help me Arzyrian. If it's any conciliation; what you saw me do is hardest thing I have ever had to do in all the years I've existed."

"So, this is what becomes of all born of Ethan's blood," she replied. "You all become monsters."

Sebastian simply smiled and left.

He walked along the long corridor and down the stairs. A battle had taken place in this house. Most of the furniture was either broken or overturned. Blood was everywhere; his and George's. The Hunter and his wife had put up a good fight but in the end, fate's decision was clear.

Sebastian walked into the rain outside. He stared at the large full moon. A beautiful bright star was shining right next to it.

Everything was in place... save one thing; the half-breed.

A sigh of relief came out of Sebastian's mouth. His entire body was shaking in excitement as lightning violently flashed in the sky. A wild joy swirled up inside him and he couldn't contain it.

"MAAASSSTERRR!!!"

***

Now, this is an unlikely turn of events...

Thanks guys once again for reading this far!!!