Chapter 22

As soon as their lips met there was a warm sensation. But as soon as that sensation came it left.  To be exact her stomach dropped and it felt as though she was falling, literally.  Her eyes opened out of instinct, and she gripped onto Charlie's hand with her own as though her life depended on it.  The scene around them was the Quidditch pitch at Hogwarts, and they were falling fast towards the ground. 

They were now feet from impact and Hermione tried to reach for her wand.  But then, the ground was a foot below them, the air still rushing past them to allude they were falling, but they weren't.  "What is happening!?" She yelled over the wind. 

Just then the force keeping them suspended stopped, and they fell the foot left, crumpling on the ground. 

"Ouch." She mumbled. 

She made to stand, Charlie helping her up.  She brushed off her jeans, then looked around to see the castle off in the distance, and the nearby woods.  "It's the simulation isn't it?"  She asked.  She looked back to Charlie, but when she met his eyes, a nervous feeling grew in her stomach, for she realized what had just happened.  It was awkward and she tried to hide the blush that was creeping slowly on her cheeks.   

The look he was giving her was piercing.  His eyes were filled with a euphoric sense, that seemed as though he was taking in everything he could about her.  Definitely as though he could hear her own thoughts, and it was uncomfortable yet thrilling. 

She looked down towards his chest, trying to formulate the thoughts that had been erased with his look. "Um-" She stuttered.  She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear instinctively out of nerves. 

The desire to kiss him was like an urgent whisper.  The tension between them had grown tenfold.  Technically they had kissed.  But life wasn't based on technicalities.  In reality the split second their lips has met was like a preview, that teased the growing need, which urned to be sated. 

Oh love.  Yes it was dramatic, but it felt as though the attraction between them had never been stronger.  And she knew he felt the same. 

"Why do you suppose it changed?" She asked, deciding to ignore the impending feeling growing in her chest. 

She daringly looked to his face, but thankfully his eyes had flicked to something past her.  And he looked frustrated.  "I think I know exactly why." He seethed through his teeth. 

His arm grabbed around her waist pulling her in towards him, and she let out a sharp breathe because of it.  "Stay here alright." He whispered, and then he dropped his arm.

She stood a smile on her lips, even though she was confused at what he meant.  'Oh stop grinning like an idiot' she told herself, but her smile grew anyways. 

She looked over her shoulder, with the sound of clapping, and saw the twins were rolling over laughing on the ground.  She sighed looking at them. It figured they were the cause of the disruption.  But she wasn't mad at them.  Although by the look Charlie was giving them she could tell he was furious. 

He waited for the twins to stop laughing.  And when they finally noticed their brothers gaze and demeaning posture, their own faces paled. 

"You better run, cause I'm going to kill you both."  He said in the most serious voice Hermione had ever heard.   

The twins looked to her and she shrugged. 

"Just a joke Fred, right?"

"Yeah..." Fred have laughed out of fear. "Merely a poke of fun." 

It was a second more, before they both suddenly sprinted towards the exit, Charlie On their coattails. 

Hermione looked around the room, up towards the castle grinning.  Oh Merlin what was happening to her.  Or better yet what would happen to the twins.  She exited the room with that thought, yet once she reached the main atrium no one was in sight. 

She decided upon finding Harry and Ron, so made her way to the lifts.  Stepping in one she halted, seeing the twins pressed in the corner, with their fingers held to their lips as to signal her to be quiet.  "What on Earth are you two doing?"  She asked. 

She turned and saw Charlie across the room who had noticed the twins in the elevator she was currently in.  The gate started to close, and she looked sympathetically towards him as he charged towards the door. 

"Granger you blew our cover!" George said. 

"You wait till I tell mom about this!" Charlie roared, as he was now directly on the side of the gate. 

"See you later Char!"  The twins mocked. 

Hermione smiled slightly at the comedy of it all.  And Charlie gave her a questionable look. She shrugged. "Sorry." She mumbled, and the lift took off, hurtling backwards, and then dropping so he was no longer in view. 

"You two are ridiculous." Hermione said turning to face the twins. 

"Tell us something we don't know." Fred said

"How was it?"  George asked, and she looked to see him leaning against the one wall. 

She found herself flustered once more. "Excuse me?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Well obviously that's none of your-.

The cool feminine voice spoke over the intercom. "Level six, department of Magical transportation."  The doors sprung open. 

"This is us." The twins said, and she was left mouth agape as they exited and ran down the corridor to the left. 

The doors closed, and she realized another button was already pressed.  Sighing she stepped back, having to wait till the next destination till it would head back to the offices. 

It descended, and was brought to a halt once more.  "Level 9, department of Mysteries." 

Hermione looked out of the lift to the corridor with an expression of forlong.  It was indeed an eerie atmosphere, with the dark green to nearly black marble walls, and the silence that seemed their was almost a silent whisper calling from the depths of the level. 

All of a sudden a figure jumped into the frame, causing Hermione to scream. 

"Sorry." She said a hand placed to her chest. "You scared me."  She muttered, seeing it was Charlie. 

"Where are they?" He asked out of breath. 

"Did you run here?" 

"Yeah I took the stairs, where are they?" 

"Fred and George got off 3 levels ago."  She answered. 

"Oh." He said simply. 

She drew in a breath not sure what to say.  The gate started to close, and they both looked at it with panic. 

Luckily she stuck her foot in the gap before it completely shut. "Care to ride?"  She asked. 

He grinned causing her to smile as well.  "Yeah." He nodded. "O, course." 

He squeezed through the gap, standing beside her.  And once again they both just stared forward. 

He stole a glance from the corner of his eye, and she noticeably shifted under his gaze.  She inhaled biting her lip , and the sense of what she was feeling, created the tension to return to his own breath.  It was unspoken, but clear as day.  He grew nervous, as the seconds ticked on. 

And rather unexpectedly Hermione threw herself towards him in a sudden movement, her lips colliding with his own, and her body was pushed against him, melting into him as he relaxed from the kiss.  Inhaling practically every second of the moment. 

Their lips parted and she stood looking up at him questionably.  He smiled in return, and she giggled slightly readjusting her arm that rest on his chest.  She leaned in daringly one more, and their lips met.  This time snogging the daylights out of each other, in a passionate kiss.  It was just him and her, and the rest of the world felt nonexistent.