1.5

What?

Xu Yongheng was left dumbfounded. What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" Xu Yongheng finally managed to ask after a moment of silence passed by, the words finally processing in his mind.

"I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant and I couldn't even tell you because you already fell in love with Shilian. It was from that last night we spent together, that last night before you disappeared from me. I wanted to tell you, but I was scared of what you would do. I was scared that this child in my body would die due to the scheming in this palace. I was scared that you would reject my baby, our child. I was scared that you would only hate me even more than you already did, that you would look at me and say that you didn't want our child." As Bai Mengxiang spoke, his tears fell. His whole body was trembling as he held his stomach.

"You're pregnant?" Xu Yongheng didn't know if this was real or not or if he was just dreaming. A child. This man was pregnant with his child.

Xu Yongheng hugged Bai Mengxiang tightly in his arms, his hand reaching out to touch his stomach as he felt the slightest bump even under the layers of clothings.

Bai Mengxiang cried and cried as he was held tightly in Xu Yingheng's arms,

[Male lead's love percentage is now at 65%. Host, who would've thought that you would be this good at acting?]

(I'm a businessman. If I can't even act, I'm pretty sure I would've become bankrupt then. Believe it or not, I was considered a smart person in my original world.)

Xu Yongheng almost couldn't believe it. This man was pregnant with his child. The man that he now realized he loved, the man that had always been waiting for him. The man whose love was far too deep for someone like Xu Yongheng.

He took his hands away from Bai Mengxiang's stomach, his hand reaching out to wipe away Bai Mengxiang's tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I promise that I will always love you, I promise that I will make sure our child lives a happy life. I will never do what I have done to you ever again. So please, open your heart for me once more. I will not let you down again. Please, forgive me for everything that I have done to you, and most of all, our child. Forgive me for being cruel-hearted and leaving you, for everything that I have done towards you" Xu Yongheng said, landing a gentle kiss on Bai Mengxiang's forehead.

"My heart has always been open for you, Yongheng. But, please, this is the final time. No matter what happens, just take good care of our child." Bai Mengxiang said, smiling lightly, tears still remaining in his eyes, as he kissed Xu Yongheng's cheek.

Xu Yongheng smiled, his face lighting up as he held Bai Mengxiang in his arms and nodded his head.

"Imperial Noble Consort, the herbal medicine is ready. May I enter?" Xiao Lan said, knocking in the door with one hand while holding the bowl of medicine in the other hand.

"You may enter, Xiao Lan." Bai Mengxiang said with a red face, as he pulled away from Xu Yongheng.

He quietly told Xu Yongheng to sit down on a chair as Xiao Lan entered.

Xiao Lan stared at the image of the Emperor sitting on the chair next to her master. At first, her thought was that this man had come once more to hurt her master, but when she saw both of their faces, her heart jumped with happiness. They had both made up. Her master no longer would be sad anymore.

"Long live His Majesty, the Emperor, may you live ten thousand years." Xiao Lan bowed down after she put the bowl on the table.

"Is there something that I am to be informed of?" Xiao Lan asked as she noticed the look of excitement on Xu Yongheng's face and Bai Mengxiang's pink tinted face.