7.28

"You should make everything shorter and just kill me." Qi Longhai spat out, staring at Yang Delun with cold eyes. A roaring pain in his heart made him weak. As he sat inside the prison ward, he looked at the familiar face before him with pain.

"Longhai, let me explain." Yang Delun wanted to grab the man, hold his hands, and tell him the truth. But there was something in him that wasn't able to do so, knowing that he was the one who had hurt Qi Longhai. Even though Yang Delun had told Qi Longhai that he would never betray him, in the end he had done just that.

"What is there to explain? The fact that you betrayed me, that you have been lying the whole time? Delun, this is my own fault, believing that you could be trusted. There is nothing to explain, you have already shown me the truth." Qi Longhai's words were venomous, sending a streak of pain to Yang Delun.

Deep in his heart, Yang Delun knew. Qi Longhai hated him, and rightfully so. As he came to this realization, there was a feeling of relief in his heart. Since this was the case, then Yang Delun would exchange his life. Deciding this, there was a fleeting feeling of lost within him.

Qi Longhai still loved Mo Chou. That was why he was so angry with him. Yang Delun realized that no matter how much he tried, he would never be able to replace Mo Chou. Yang Delun was not the one who Qi Longhai loved, he couldn't compare to Mo Chou.

"Longhai, I really do apologize for my actions. Mo Shen had a good reason to rebel and I chose what would benefit this nation more. I know that deep down, you will still choose Mo Chou, and I know that you resent me for what I've done." Yang Delun spoke, looking at Qi Longhai's cold figure. The man's face was pale and sickly. "I have your medicine prepared, please drink it." Saying this, Yang Delun looked at the door as Xi Feng appeared with a steaming bowl of tonic.

Xi Feng silently stood, handing the drink to Yang Delun. "I prepared it according to your words." Then, she stared at Qi Longhai. Since Yang Delun had asked for the tonic, then he had already made up his mind. Xi Feng would be unable to stop him, only able to help him.

Qi Longhai stared at the bowl of medicine that Yang Delun brought for him, a bitterness rising in him. Yang Delun had already betrayed him, continuing to acting like this would only make it harder for Qi Longhai. As Yang Delun gently tilted the bowl for Qi Longhai, he could only open his mouth and drink the medicine.

As soon as Qi Longhai drunk the bowl, there was a tired feeling spreading within him. It became harder for him to open his eyes and he knew at once that Yang Delun had drugged the medicine. "Delun!"

"Longhai, close your eyes for a bit. When you awaken, everything will be solved." Yang Delun lightly smiled while saying this, his eyes gentle. As Qi Longhai's eyes closed, Yang Delun grabbed the man and held him within his arms.

"Have you thought it through?" Xi Feng asked, her voice soft.

"He hates me. Not to mention, his heart has never belonged to me. I was not his first one, I was never the one he loved. Now that Mo Chou is free, even though I will die, at least their story can continue." Yang Delun's hand softly caressed Qi Longhai's face, showing a sad smile.

"Then I cannot change your mind. I will guide you, lay him on the bed, Delun." Xi Feng could only lightly shake her head and say this. A love this deep, who would be hurt in the end?

Yang Delun lifted Qi Longhai's body easily. Even though the man was taller than him, his body was light from the long years of the acting poison. Placing his body onto the bed, Yang Delun stared at Qi Longhai's face. This is it, after this, the man will no longer have to suffer in agony.

Yang Delun felt his emotions overcome him and he gently bent down and kissed Qi Longhai's lips, his eyes suddenly watering. If Qi Longhai had loved him, if the beginning had been different, Yang Delun would have given up everything to be this man's partner.