4.13

Kim Jiyoung looked at the door in worry. Looking back at Ji Soyu, Kim Jiyoung quietly got up as he walked towards the door. Peeking through the eyehole, he saw a man standing there. That first sight alone made him worry.

This situation was suspicious, Kim Jiyoung knew that much. He wasn't going to open up the door no matter what. Kim Jiyoung quickly turned back and walked towards Ji Soyu whom was now wide awake in alarm.

"What's going on? Who are you?" Ji Soyu looked at Kim Jiyoung, her eyes scanning him as she kept her distance.

Kim Jiyoung backed away, shaking his head, he replied back, "I'm not someone bad. Shinwoo told me to watch you because he had to go do something."

Just as he said this, he could hear more footsteps scattering at the door, the sound of voices getting louder. Ji Soyu became even more fidgety after hearing that. Her body was shaking slightly and her eyes narrowed even more.

Kim Jiyoung looked at the door, his nerves finally acting up. Those people were definitely targeting this place, that had to be sure. He bit his lips, thinking of a way that they could escape. If any of them had abilities like Lee Shinwoo or Min Yongjoon, that would make it an even worse situation.

The pounding of the door got louder and louder, Kim Jiyoung could already understand what the people outside were trying to do. They were most likely trying to take over a room or trying to steal supplies.

If Kim Jiyoung had an ability that would make everything easier but he didn't. A sudden loud sound came from the door and Kim Jiyoung looked up in worry. Then, looking at Ji Soyu, he finalized his thoughts. No matter what, Ji Soyu needed to be hidden.

"Soyu, can you hide somewhere you won't be found easily?" Kim Jiyoung gently asked as he knelt down to meet Ji Soyu's eyes.

Ji Soyu looked back up, her eyes watery as she nodded and immediately headed towards one of the bedroom and hid herself underneath the bed.

With her gone, Kim Jiyoung didn't have to worry about her being put in immediate danger. He looked back at the doors again. No matter what, the people on the outside might break in even if he didn't open the door. The best thing to do was to open the door.

He stood up and walked towards the door. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door as he immediately asked. "It's seven at night, what are you people doing here?" In front of Kim Jiyoung were two men and a women.

One of the men looked at Kim Jiyoung, his eyes gleaming slightly as he said, "Excuse us for inconveniencing you, we were wondering if you had room for us to spend the night." He was the taller of the two, his skin more tan and his eyes a light shade of brown and speckles of gold in it. His hair was blonde and his features strong.

Kim Jiyoung noticed right away that the people in front of him were foreigners. But even so, he steeled his heart as he narrowed his eyes and replied, "And how do I know that this isn't some type of scheme? You could easily kill me once you enter."

The woman spoke up this time, "We're not aiming for that at all. Please help us. My brother was wounded by some people we met along the road. They stole all of our stuff and tried to kill us. My brother was wounded trying to protect us. I beg you. We've been everywhere so far and nobody has let us in or given us any medical treatment for my brother." The woman speaking was almost in tears.

Then Kim Jiyoung noticed the other man was now leaning on the woman's shoulder. He couldn't see his face, but Kim Jiyounh saw that his skin was paler and his hair a light brown.

Kim Jiyoung listened, his heart still not settled before a hand touched his hand. Ji Soyu appeared behind him, sneaking a peak at them as she said with eyes that seemed unfocused, "Jiyoung, these people are trustworthy. Ruby, Max, and Landon, please come in."