7.27

"Surrender!"

The palace was surrounded. Mo Shen had ordered his own movement against the palace, directly surrounding the palace with his people.

As Mo Shen held his sword, adorned in his armor, he stepped forward. His face was still light, no heavy emotions even as he watched the imperial guards who surrounded Mo Chou and Bai Suixin. There were many other court officials in the room, all standing behind the imperial guards in fear as Mo Shen and his soldiers approached.

"Brother, I believe that you understand my purpose for coming here." Mo Shen did not walk closer, a huge space separating both sides as Mo Shen's soldiers blocked the exit. He looked up at Mo Chou.

Mo Chou's face was very emotionless. In fact, he was most worried about Qi Longhai who was now trapped here too. "Our relationship was the best amongst our other brothers. That was the reason why I had let you lived when I killed the rest of our brothers." Mo Chou stood up, walking past the guards without protection. His crown shook as he stepped closer, even while Bai Suixin's brows knitted.

"Unfortunately, I will have to betray your trust. Our goals are vastly different, brother. Your trust was merely there when I was weak. You have always been the type to be wary of everyone." Mo Shen lightly said, smiling. Lifting his sword, he pointed to Bai Suixin, "The Empress Dowager was a worthy enemy, worth of being the woman who stood against even my mother."

Qi Longhai's heart struck a cord, lightly pushing forward as he grasped for the weapons he had hid on his body. His eyes narrowed as his hand secretly moved for the sleeves of his robes.

Xi Feng stepped from the crowd. "Yue Junwang, General Su Bian and General Feng Jian have defeated the army stationed at Suzhou. Currently, the only war that is still undecided is the war that Lu Fengmian is currently controlling."

Hearing a familiar name, both Mo Chou and Bai Suixin felt a heavy feeling in their hearts, even Qi Longhai froze.

"Lu Fengmian... he deflected to your side?" Bai Suixin's tried voice asked, her eyes showing confusion.

Mo Shen's smile widened, swinging his sword. "He did. With his help, I've defeated more than half of the soldiers on your side."

Bai Suixin suddenly closed her eyes with tiredness, her body sitting back on her chair. "We have lost, Mo Chou."

Mo Chou obviously heard, but he didn't stand down.

Qi Longhai looked in time to see Mo Chou send a glance towards him and he began moving. As soon as he had stepped out, a loud voice was heard.

"Duke Yang has come!"

Qi Longhai looked towards the door with surprise, a warm feeling rushing into his heart. Yang Delun had come! He would be able to save them.

The doors opened with a heavy bang. Yang Delun appeared dressed in his armor, holding a sword within his hand with a hundred other soldiers following. Each of the soldiers had blood on their armors, foretelling how they had fought their way inside.

Mo Shen's lips curved while Xi Feng also lightly smiled as she turned to the doors.

Yang Delun's first focus was Qi Longhai. Seeing that the man was safe, his heart was at least consoled. But he knew, this very next step would be the ending to everything. With a heavy expression on, he walked forward.

Qi Longhai watched as Yang Delun marched inside, a sigh of relief leaving his mouth. But then confusion struck him. Why was Yang Delun walking towards Mo Shen? Why wasn't Mo Shen attacking him? And then, the realization came...

Yang Delun had betrayed him, Yang Delun had betrayed Qi Longhai. The man had deflected to Mo Shen's side, even helping him rebelled.

Yang Delun stopped before Mo Shen, saying, "Yue Junwang, the palace has been successfully captured." His words sent unrest throughout the whole court.