7.7

"No need to be so tense, I wouldn't have called you here just to threaten you." Qi Longhai's mouth lifted as he noticed the grim expression beginning to appear on Tang Qingshan's face. With a smirk on his face, he turned to look at Lu Fengmian, gray eyes marred with mirth. "This must be your new subordinate, Lu Fengmian."

Tang Qingshan's eyes widened. No one should know about Lu Fengmian's identity, he had been sure to keep it as secretive as possible.

Lu Fengmian's delicate brows suddenly furrowed. Whoever this man was, it seemed like he had all the advantages possible. Lu Fengmian suddenly realized that now that he had been limited in his power, situations like this were now a threat to him.

Having caught both of these two in surprise, Qi Longhai watched on as if he was a cat playing with a mouse. Glancing at Wu Fan, Qi Longhai said, "Go stand guard outside the door. If anything happens, do as you see fit."

Wu Fan nodded his head at once, "Wu Fan understands." Setting down the wine bottle, Wu Fan exited, closing the door gently and stood outside.

Staring back at the two men, Qi Longhai could feel the tense atmosphere. Even so, he merely continued on with a smile. "You act too surprised. Having grown up when I was in power, you should know that I have always gotten these information. I also know that you took in his sister, Lu Yingyue."

Hearing this, Tang Qingshan's hand formed a fist underneath the table, hidden from view. "No, that is my fault. You have always been like this, a being that held the world within your hand."

Hearing this, Qi Longhai chuckled while shaking his head. His eyes glowered ever so lightly, an aura comparable to an emperor's. "Ever since I left my power and my fame behind, I have been wandering across the five nations. Today, I finally meet you in person, the man who many have said to be able to rival me. It seems that their words fall short, you are not comparable to your title."

Hearing this, even though Tang Qingshan was a bit angry, he knew it was true. Qi Longhai was too powerful, his strategies ran deep, and his military power was unrivaled. In front of Qi Longhai, Tang Qingshan couldn't say anything to refute.

"The General may not be unrivaled under the heaven, but his fame is still able to bring upon peacefulness to the citizens of Mo Nation." Opening his mouth, gentle words spewed from Lu Fengmian. There was a soft light in his eyes as he glanced at Qi Longhai.

Having heard Lu Fengmian talk for the first time, Qi Longhai's eyes flew towards Lu Fengmian in an instant. Calculations ran through his mind as he scanned Lu Fengmian's eyes before he leaned back into his chair with a wide grin on his face. "I admire you. If it was anyone else, they wouldn't dare to say those words to my face."

Qi Longhai paused as he grabbed the wine bottle, refiling their cups as he finally said, "If my presence alerted you then I will apologize for that. While it was interesting to see your reactions, I wanted to meet with the General to speak of this ongoing war with Li Nation."

Lu Fengmian let down his guard as soon as he heard this. Qi Longhai wasn't the enemy, he was a subordinate, and he was willing to help Tang Qingshan.

Tang Qingshan's brows knitted in confusion.

Qi Longhai who saw this, merely replied, "I am not going to return back yet. For now, I intend to wait for the right time before I will return back to reclaim my position. So, while I wait, I will give you the answer to defeating the Li Nation by tearing them apart from the inside." Qi Longhai drunk a cup of wine, waiting to see how Tang Qingshan would react.

"I see, then please continue as you will." Tang Qingshan knew that no matter how dangerous Qi Longhai was, the man was still loyal to his nation. Even though he wasn't willing to return back just yet, just by helping them win this war would be more than enough.