7.26

It was coming. Today, the biggest battle was happening. Between both Mo Chou and Mo Shen, they had sent their strongest troops along with their best generals to fight.

As Lu Fengmian sat atop of his horse, his long hair was tied back by a ribbon, white hair blowing in the air as his horse slowly strutted. By his side, Lu Yingyue, Hong Daiyu, and Bingqing were ready on their horses, each of them dressed in light armors, but nothing too heavy that would stop their movements.

Unlike the regular soldiers, the fox demons needed less weight so that they would be able to move. Not to mention, many of them already had their weapons, directly using their powers and turning to their demon forms.

Lu Fengmian's face was cold, blue eyes gazing at the approaching army that was getting closer to them. As he put his hand up, a soldier by the side noticed and blew the horn as the soldiers following him came to a sudden stop.

Lu Fengmian watched, waiting for him to appear, for Tang Qingshan to arrive. As he sat in silence, he was both silent and overbearing. There wasn't an ounce of fear on his face, much less emotion. His face was cold, as if he wasn't leading an army of demons and soldiers who were going to defeat the other side.

"You have prepared everything quite well. Even the soldiers are well-trained." Hong Daiyu smirked, her beautiful lips curving, a wave of her power coming out.

"I did everything according to what Bingqing had instructed. I also taught some of the fox demons to use their powers." Lu Fengmian replied coolly, hands on the rein of his horse.

Bingqing turned over at this, "Ah! Excellent! Then I can rest assured that we should have a rather easy time. Of course, we have Lu Fengmian, son of the King of the Fox Demons. He can be considered to be our Prince. With him here, he should be easily able to use his power and fight without moving." Bingqing glanced at Lu Fengmian and winked.

Lu Fengmian didn't change his expression at her words. Lu Yingyue had told him already, that the original soul's past was actually deeper than what he knew and what he understood.

Lu Fengmian found it hard. He sometimes even felt that he was now really attached to this body. All his pain now made him feel as if this was his body, even though it wasn't.

Suddenly, Lu Fengmian felt a stabbing pain on his palm and he looked down.

Lu Yingyue noticed his actions and looked closer while asking with concern, "Feng'er, are you alright?"

Lu Fengmian looked at the blue mark on his palm that was lighting, flashing a bit. "It's nothing, my powers are just a bit out-of-hand at the moment."

Their conversation stopped as they felt a wind slashing, the sound of hooves approaching.

Lu Fengmian turned his head up, his beautiful face stared out in silence. He straightened his back.

Of course, if Tang Qingshan was here, why wouldn't Xu Weiyuan be here too?

With his senses raised several times that of a human's, Lu Fengmian glanced at the faces. Qi Longhai and another man were also at the front. It didn't take long for Lu Fengmian to recognize the other man.

Lu Yingyue turned to him, "Don't worry, I have noticed. It is only to be expected, else he wouldn't have just let us go so easily. It is a good thing you've trained the soldiers on our side to block their ears. Else, our powers would easily brainwash them. Now, even if they brought their own Taoist Priests, we can still easily defeat them." Lu Yingyue did not worry, merely saying nonchalantly.

Lu Fengmian nodded his head, gazing into the distance. When he noticed that the other side had stopped to examine them, he understood at once that Tang Qingshan couldn't recognize him. It was only normal, but his heart still stung a bit. He took a deep breath.