7.17

"Long live His Majesty, the Emperor, may you live ten thousand years."

Lu Fengmian bowed as Hui Yin also stood and quickly bowed in turn, the rest of the servants cowering down at once.

"You may rise." Mo Chou merely said as he waved his hand, walking towards Bai Suixin with Tang Qingshan tailing him.

Staring quickly at Hui Yin, Mo Chou took a seat next to Bai Suixin as Hui Yun returned to sitting in her original spot, opposite of Bai Suixin.

Tang Qingshan smiled as he walked towards Lu Fengmian. Standing in front of Hui Yin, Tang Qingshan bent his back and said in his cold voice, "Long live Her Majesty, the Empress Dowager, and Her Majesty, the Empress, mayor live ten thousand years."

"Please rise, Tang Junwang." Hui Yin replied first, eyes sneakily looking at Bai Suixin and Mo Chou.

Lu Fengmian couldn't help but stand closer to Tang Qingshan as the man rose, standing straight as a pole. Tang Qingshan looked at Lu Fengmian and sent him a light smile before he looked forward and resumed his cold face. Lu Fengmian's lips curved gently as he also resumed looking forward in silence.

Tang Qingshan turned to Mo Chou and then said, "Your Majesty, this official and Physician Lu will take our leave first." Saying this, he sent a look at Mo Chou who merely nodded.

"Go, We have took much of your time already." Mo Chou swiftly said. He too, needed to speak with these people for the moment so he reluctantly let Tang Qingshan go even though the man had some work left.

Finally getting the answer he wanted, Tang Qingshan bowed once more as Lu Fengmian also did too. Then, very quickly, the two walked away, leaving the three big figures sitting next to each other.

As Lu Fengmian walked by Tang Qingshan's side, he asked, "How did court go?"

Tang Qingshan turned back to look at Lu Fengmian with a light smile, "Today, it went pleasantly well. There have been movements around Suzhou lately and so some officials were sent there but that was about it. And you, how were things on your side?"

"It went the same as always. Her Majesty is fully healed now so my visits to the palace will be fewer." Lu Fengmian replied in turn as the two walked towards the exit of the palace.

"I guess you won't be accompanying me anymore." Tang Qingshan jokingly brought up. His deep voice was twinged with playfulness, albeit rather light.

Lu Fengmian felt a warm feeling rush in his heart. Ahhh, even after so many lifetimes, this man still made his heart beat as if they were just new lovers. "No, but I will still be staying at your manor. It is not like I am leaving."

Tang Qingshan's eyes roamed over Lu Fengmian's tall and graceful figure. For some reason, the man looked a bit different lately.

The two continued to converse as they walked out the gates of the palace, to where a rather outstanding carriage was already prepared, two big horses standing tall.

"Tang Junwang and Young Master Lu, please enter." The servant was new. That was what Lu Fengmian first noticed. He had never seen this man before.

Tang Qingshan stared a bit longer at the man, his eyes frightfully dark. Finally, he made a move to enter the carriage.

At this point, Lu Fengmian could tell that something was wrong, especially by Tang Qingshan's slight act. But even so, he didn't say or do anything odd as he also entered the carriage, the doors closing gently.

As the two sat in the carriage and it began to move, they didn't say anything. But with just their eyes, they were able to tell that something was wrong. Lu Fengmian began preparing himself.