16.

"I always knew I could do better

Had a vision
It just wasn't with them"

Song: Don't You - Landon Tewers

* Important Note*

This is the song Harry sings in this chapter, however it's mostly the lyrics that matter.

There's a point to it for the story, so just bear with me.

***

The moment I've been waiting for is finally here.

Harry is sat nervously on a stool, on the small stage in the bar, drumming his fingers against the pink acoustic guitar perched on his lap. The colour of it reminds me of cotton candy.

We shut the bar about an hour ago, and I've been giddy all night thinking about this.

I haven't really had a use for this stage until tonight, I'd always planned to have live music play at the bar and had it set up for that, but just never really got around to it, I was always too caught up trying to run this place mostly on my own.

I can't help but admire him sat there, there's something about seeing him on stage that suits him, that looks like its exactly where he's meant to be.

I'm sat on a seat in front of the stage, smiling from ear to ear at Harry, and he blows out a harsh puff of air, running his fingers through his hair "I don't know if you're going to like this"

"Harry, stop being so nervous, I'll love anything you do" I reassure him.

"It's just....I wrote this after Emma and I broke up, it's not what I usually sing" he confesses, chewing on his lip.

I frown slightly "I'm sure it's amazing"

Harry smiles to himself, shaking his head "No, I was angry when I wrote it"

"Why did you pick this one to sing?" I ask, folding my hands in my lap.

Harry shrugs his shoulders, staring at me with a serious expression "I wanted you to know how I really felt about it"

My lips twitch into a small smile "I'm glad you trust me enough to do that"

Harry rolls his lips into his mouth, darting his eyes down "I trust you more than anyone else I've met"

My brows turn upwards in sadness, struck by how sincere his words are but he looks so down hearted as he speaks.

The adoration in my chest is threatening to strangle my heart, and I feel like I could be knocked off the chair by how much I care about this boy.

An amused smile pulls on his lips as he looks back up to me "You know what this reminds me of?"

"What's that?" I ask, tilting my head.

"That scene from the wedding singer" he grins.

I laugh, nodding in agreement "It actually does"

Yet another movie we both love.

Harry clears his throat, shifting in his seat "Alright, are you ready?"

"I was born ready" I quip back, gesturing for him to start.