Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight - Being Named As A Family.

-----

GRACE'S POV

I opened my eyes and found my headache so bad. I groaned and opened my eyes with difficulty. I saw a plane white ceiling and I was confused as to where I was. I looked at the side, it was still dark.

I heard a continuous irritating pinging noise, so I turned to see that it belonged to a monitor and a tube was attached to me. I was worried about what was happening.

Last, I remembered was being out with Martin at the club.

"Hello." I heard a voice that pulled me out of my trance. I looked at a doctor, I suppose as she was dressed in a white coat and a stethoscope around her neck.

"Where am I? And how did I come here?" I asked her looking worried.

"Ma'am, just calm down. You were brought here by your boyfriend. You were unconscious. I'm glad you are fine but considering your pregnancy and everything, I should check you." She said and I gave her a confused look.

"You are a gynecologist?" She nodded and immediately checked me. I was very worried. The wanted to get the check-up finished as soon as possible before Alex decides to enter the room.

I still hadn't told him and I was afraid to find out his reaction when he'd know that I had hidden such a big thing from him.

"You seem fine, but I suggest you come to my section, in a few weeks, so I could do an ultrasound and confirm everything.I'm still taking you blood sample for test and will let you know in few hours." She said and my heartbeat fastened in my chest as if it'll pop out of my heart.

"Doctor, I still haven't told my boyfriend about my pregnancy. You don't tell him that I'm pregnant." I almost pleaded and she nodded giving me a weird smile.

I was gonna have a relieved face, but soon saw Alex's face behind and my face paled. My lips almost trembled and tears were ready to leave my eyes.

"I'd like to have a private talk with my wife." He said and I was shocked that he had referred me as his 'wife'.

"Sure, Mr. Chadwick." As soon as I saw him, I felt tears form in my eyes. Seeing him looking so rugged and worried, made me tear up.

I wanted to apologize and tell him everything. I wouldn't let any harm to my baby. If he didn't want, I'd leave even if it will hurt me a million times. At least, I'd have a permanent memory of him, of us, in the form of our baby.

"Why didn't you tell me we're having a baby?! Why hide such big news?!" Alex almost yelled at me, sounding hurt.

"Alex, I'm so sorry that I haven't told you about all this but I was very worried about how you would react to the news. We had just talked about it in the morning, but you said you didn't want a baby and I found out that we were having a baby. I swear I didn't want to hide or lie but I'm sorry. I wouldn't worry you, I swear. I'll just pack up and leave and wouldn't bother you if you don't want the baby. I don't even want money, I'll just leave with our baby and ..." Alex cut me with a loud yell.

"Stop! Stop it! Just stop it!!" He yelled and looked at me with tears flowing down his cheeks. I wasn't looking at him until he yelled at me to stop.

"Alex..." I barely whispered.

"No, Ace, just don't. Stop embarrassing me further. Stop showing me your kindness. Stop sparing me for my mistakes." He said as he came up to my side and sat on the bed. He held my hand and kissed the back of my palm.