17-Whatever You Say, Wifey.

GRACE'S POV

"I'm home, baby." I heard Alex's voice as he strode in the kitchen as he hugged me from behind and caressed my belly.

"I'm glad you finally came. I hadn't seen you since morning." I complained to him and he sighed.

"It was a packed day today. I thought you'd come to work." He said and I hummed.

"I was supposed to if not for your dear brother and my best friend, I would've come to work. I was even ready." I told him.

"Ah, that son of a..." He stopped himself as he saw Martin in the kitchen.

"....great mother." He completed and I laughed. I shoved him away.

"Go get ready and come and help me. I can't cook alone and Martin is useless in the kitchen." I said and he laughed whereas Martin scoffed. He pecked my cheek and left to our room to freshen up.

"Gracey, why do I feel that there is something going on in your mind?" He asked and I sighed. It was no avail. I try to maintain a façade but it's impossible in front of him.

"Because...there is." I put the noodles to boil and then drank some water.

"Martin, I feel that Alex is hiding something from me. He is..." He cut off my line.

"Did he dare cheat on you?! I thought he loved you! I'll just go kill hi..." I put a hand on his mouth to shut him and it worked until he decided to be a kid and lick my palm.

"Martin! I might kill you one day, disgusting excuse of a human!" I yelled and washed my hands. He just laughed at me.

"Well, don't you dare interrupt me. There is something fishy going on. Me falling of the stairs wasn't an accident, but a planned trap for me. I don't know how but I have a huge hunch on it. And he won't tell me because it's gonna stress me and our babies. But...he...he is handling everything alone." I said and sighed deeply.

I felt tears stroll down my eyes at the thought of Alex handling everything alone. I sobbed loudly and that caught Martin's attention.

"Hey, hey, hey! You don't have to cry for that. Alex will be fine. He is used to handle all the stress alone." He tried to soothe me.

"Now, I'm here. Why would he still do that? Doesn't he love me enough to share his problems, too?" I asked to Martin and he sighed.

We both walked towards the couch and I slowly sat down, considering my belly had grown quite big.

"See, you can't even sit properly and you want to handle the problems of the world. At this time, the babies should be your highest priority. Protecting them and taking care of them should the concerning matter. Alex will be alright if you just take care of yourself and the babies." Martin made me understand.

"Is that really enough?" I asked him and waited for his answer with hope that his answer will give me the hope and the strength to do what I was supposed to.

He nodded with a big smile.

"Yes, that is perfectly enough."

"Martin, I think you're right and the babies are craving cheese. Let's get some pizza." I said and smiled widely for which he laughed and called to order.

-----

"Okay, that is enough. If Alex knew that we're eating junk like this, he'll kill me." Martin tried to stop as I was on my tenth slice.

"I'll kill you if you stop me. I'm almost done now." I warned him but also informed him. He nodded and left my slice.

"Baby..." Alex's voice paused as he entered the room. I looked up and was about the bite the slice, but stopped.