Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten - Being Named As 'Chris'

-----

GRACE'S POV

It was Saturday when everyone was supposed to visit, and I was very anxious, all of a sudden. That was another reason that I had threw up twice today. Dory was looking after everything. Martin and Celia were helping her since I was really getting nervous.

Alex, on the other hand, had been looking after his international calls. I was glad that he was not just looking after me, but also working.

The previous incident, that happened a few days ago had affected him more than me. Because he had witnessed when I was completely unconscious the whole time. I was just told about what had happened, but he saw it through his eyes, which got him very worried and worked up.

I was worried about how Alex would deal with everything. He seemed to be more into thinking, than ever. He had also appointed guards, for security. When I talked to Moses, he said, it was the right step to take for safety.

I still couldn't wrap up the fact that there was someone who was so thirsty for my blood, just to harm Alex. Why people were so cruel in this world? I'd never know. I was just wondering how everything could turn out good rather than bad.

I was jerked out of my thoughts when someone touched my shoulder. I looked up to see, Alex's smiling face in front of me.

"Hey, lost in my thoughts?" He asked winking at me and I just chuckled.

"With those clothes on, not a chance." He had a shirt and suit on top, with homey bottom pants. He looked kind of funny but still managed to look cute.

"What? I just had to video call, so and well, I was excited to finish up and then celebrate the news." He said with a big smile and I chuckled. I couldn't believe he was the one who didn't want a baby, a few days ago.

"Well, why don't you go to dress presentably?" I asked him, and he nodded giving me a peck on the lips. He walked in the room and I sighed.

I had a put on a pair of legging and knitted woolen top. It was comfortable, and I liked it. I put my hair in a messy bun because I wasn't really up for getting ready.

Moses walked in with a very blushing Alicia and Sierra, who was busy on the call. He looked up at me and I winked at him. He nervously scratched the back of his neck. Alex and Moses shared this scratching habit, when nervous.

"Well, aren't I very glad for you guys arriving?" I said and they both looked at me and squealed. Rushing to hug me, I was almost about to plop, but caught my balance, in time.

"Oh, you should be! After the entire conversation that day, going so emotional and all, I dare not miss this. I want to know the reason." Alicia muttered, and she looked really curious. I just laughed it off.

"Well, you'd know. But you gotta wait up." I said flicked Ali's nose. Sierra laughed off and shook her head. I showed them into the guest room because they had traveled cities.

"You guys rest up, everyone will be here in the evening," I told them and came out. Moses sat on the couch and I sat beside him.

"You didn't tell them the news, right?" I asked him, and he denied, shaking his head in a 'no' sign. I hummed.

"Well, you holdin' up fine?" He asked, and I nodded with a smile.

"Alex is taking it harder than me. He witnessed it and is really afraid. He won't tell me, but I can see it. I know he tells you, Moses, I want you to hold him tight." I said to him with a sad smile.