14-Someone's Being Naughty.

GRACE'S POV

"Alex, God, I'm so worried." I said as soon as we were in the elevator after getting to know where Lilac's ward was.

"I am, too." We rushed outside and saw Dory waiting worriedly and packing in the corridor.

"Mama!" I said as I rushed to her. She hugged me and sniffled.

"They say it's complicated for being late and Victor is not even here yet. I'm afraid... he'll miss the birth." She said and rubbed her back. Hugging her was a difficult as I had a little bulge.

"Don't worry, he'll come. It'll be all fine." I tried to calm her down.

"I hope so." She said and we both pulled out. She gave me a courageous smile.

"I'll go make some calls. You stay here." She said and left toward the corridor and had a little chat with Alex, who stood there. I walked further to see Lilac was on the bed, struggling.

"Lilac!" I yelled. She motioned me to come and I rushed to her.

"Grace! My God! The pain is unbearable! And that stupid doctor says that I haven't diluted much and it needs more time! Damn, I'm dying!" She yelled and I could feel her frustration.

I rubbed my stomach slowly. One day, even I'll be in such condition.

"It'll be fine, Lilac. You'll have a small baby after all this. Have a little patience." I said to her with a small smile.

"Grace, it hurts!" She said as she again screamed in pain. I tried to soothe her down and talk to her. After a while, she was a little calm.

"Victor is still not here, I want him by my side." She said sounding sad even though her pains had started again.

What if Alex would be busy when I'll be in my labor? The question rung in my brain making me worried enough.

"Ahh! Grace! Get the doc!" She yelled and pulled me out of my trance. I nodded and rushed out getting of the ward. I yelled for a doctor and a nurse soon rushed to the room.

"She's finally diluted! Get her to the ER!" She said and immediately rung the bell and immediately she was put on to a stretcher and taken to the ER.

I walked out to see Dory on a call and Alex besides her.

"She was taken inside. The baby's coming anytime, now." I said as I looked up to both of those. Dory rushed to the ward whereas, Alex hugged me and comforted me.

"She'll be fine." He muttered to me and I nodded.

"How did you know I was worried?" I asked him as I looked up to his face. He chuckled and caressed my cheeks.

"I just know it. The fact that you'll be in that state in few months, must definitely bring you terror, but don't worry, I won't miss it for the world." He assured and I felt better.

"Thanks, that did make me feel a lot better than I could tell you. Let's be there for Dory, now." He nodded and we rushed to the ER.

-----

"My goodness! Where's my baby?!" Victor asked as he rushed on the floor. He looked worn out and excited for his baby.

"Congratulations, on a girl! The baby and mother both are well and sleeping." Dory answered to him and he sighed in relief.

"I'm so sorry, I missed the birth of my daughter. I wish I hadn't left for the meeting." He cursed and sat on the chair. 

"Victor, maybe at the time for your next baby, what say?" I asked him in a teasing tone and he laughed.