John: You Overhear Him Talking About You

John: You turn the corner at the recording studio on your way with some cheese on toast for your long term boyfriend John Deacon. You have been trying to make an extra effort lately with him as things with the band have been fairly hectic. You know that drama with the boys weighs heavily on John as he is a quiet person and frankly detests conflict. You hear him heave a loud sigh and then make an uncharacteristic remark, "Guys, I don't have time for this. There are plenty of other things I could be doing right now, all of them more productive than standing here watching the three of you bicker about the tempo of this song. Which by the way IS FINE."

You hold your breath waiting for someone to shout back at him, but are surprised when Freddie simply asks "oh and what are these better ways you could be spending your time?"

John sighs again, sounding more exasperated this time. "Do you guys have any idea how long it has been since I have been on a date with (y/n)? Any idea at all? She tries to hide her disappointment, but I see her every day scrambling to keep our relationship even somewhat romantic with little surprises here and there on the days I can pencil her in. The other morning she woke up at 4:30 after being up until 2:30 because she wanted to make me breakfast and see me off to the studio. And then, I forgot to even kiss her goodbye! Oh, did I mention that was on our anniversary that I never made it home to join her for dinner on because I was here with you boneheads??? (y/n) is the most forgiving, kind hearted, gentle soul I have ever met--she makes my heart melt seriously with the sound of her voice. So I don't know, Freddie, maybe I would rather be spending time with the love of my life."

You drop the plate you had been carrying cheese toast on for John and the band at once turns to spot you around the corner. You sheepishly wave. Not a moment later, Freddie pats John's back and says "fine, you win. The tempo is fine. Go spend time with your girl." You stand there in awe, cheeks flushed never knowing that John was so proud of you as to say those things when you weren't even listening. The two of you go out to a restaurant that night--your first proper date in months and one of your best ones of all time.

A/N: Seriously please give me some feedback and suggestions! xxx Emma