Due

"How was work, Eddie?" Harry greeted Edward as soon as he stepped inside the house. It was one of the many chores Harry had to perform for his brothers. It didn't bother him. His line of work wasn't demanding like Edward's or Marcel's.

"Fine. I got my new assistant today," Edward turned around to let Harry pull his suit jacket from his shoulders before placing it into their suit closet momentarily. "He's such a pretty little thing, truly endearing." Edward continued to comment.

Harry frowned, head tilting to the left slightly in distaste, "you don't need any distractions, Edward." Harry leaned down to grab the CEO's briefcase before placing it onto the table next to the door.

"It is sad to see Niall go, however," Harry added.

Edward shrugged before undoing the top three buttons on his shirt and taking a seat on one of his custom-made love chairs. "Eh, Niall would be more useful in marketing than as my assistant, he is only four floors down."

Edward proceeded to pull a pack of cigarets from his back pocket and a lighter with them.

"I wish you would stop smoking that poison! Your lungs are probably jet black by now," Harry wrinkled his nose when he caught the first whiff of the disrespectful smoke.

"I don't want to hear it, Harry. There is always something to fight about with you." Edward took another drag of his cigarette before watching Harry huff and make his way back into the kitchen to continue preparing their supper.

Making dinner was another one of Harry's chores, again, he didn't mind - after all, just like their mother, he was a natural in the kitchen. He was to awake at dawn every day to prepare his brothers breakfast before sending them off to work. Generally, he spent the rest of the morning cleaning. However, when Harry had photoshoots or was away on trips, Edward hired maid services.

Edward was not an Alpha to be seen dead with a duster.

"I'm home!" Marcel announced his presence as he stepped foot in the door. Harry was quick to make his way to greet his tired brother.

"How was work?" Harry asked gently as he was handed a computer bag and heavy fur coat. The youngest Alpha shrugged before taking a seat next to Edward. As expected, he was ignored by Edward, who was looking through his emails on his phone. It wasn't anything new, being ignored by the CEO. Sometimes it seemed like the only time they spoke was the passing, 'love you' or 'bye'.

"Good." Marcel finally replied to Harry as the latter handed him his after-work scotch.

With a deflated look, Harry returned to the kitchen to hopefully finish dinner.

----

The following morning, Edward was pleasantly surprised to be met with Louis as he entered the top floor - the Omega was fast to hand the Alpha his morning coffee and a new outline for next months magazine.

"Good Morning Mr Styles."

"Louis. Did you get a call from the modelling agency I asked you to contact for our cover-model?" Edward flipped through the binder quickly as he made the decently long walk to his office.

"No sir, I will be expecting it today." Louis glanced at his notebook before asking the CEO another question. "Mr Styles, I see you have a Skype meeting scheduled with Vogue Japan today at noon. Yet, there is also a meeting scheduled with your marketing team at noon. Which should I cancel?"

Edward sighed, slamming the binder against his desk once they made it to his office. He couldn't help but let a small growl fall from his lips.

"What type of half-brain would schedule two critical meetings at the same time!?" He collapsed in his chair and took a sip of his iced coffee. "I can't cancel either of them!"

Louis bit his lip, a whimper threatening to fall from his mouth, but he stood his ground.

"Well, what should I do about it?" Louis clipped. The CEO's eyebrows shot up, placing his coffee onto his desk.

"Pardon me, Mr Tomlinson. But was that tone meant for me?"

Edward knew he was lowering his voice, and as his voice dropped octaves lower, it came close to his notorious Alpha voice.

Louis cowered slightly, "No Sir..."

Edward smiled, before lifting his plastic cup back to his lips, he didn't drink any, "this coffee is horrid. Go and get me another one."

"Mr Styles, that's what Niall told me your order was... it should taste just fine."

Edward's neck snapped towards the little Omega was again.

"Did I ask for your opinion, Mr Tomlinson?"

"No Sir." Louis bit his lip, "I'll go get your coffee." With a simple flick of Edward's hand, the tiny boy was almost running out of the large office.

Edward chuckled to himself, "poor little Omega." Pulling a cigarette from his blazer he placed it between his lips, glancing at the coffee he dragged it into the trash next to his desk. The drink was just fine, actually better than it is typically.

However, playing with Louis and teasing the tiny Omega did things to him.

Fun.

---

"Here is your coffee Mr Styles," Louis breathed heavily as he pushed the heavy door to the office open. "Sorry it took so long, the line in the shop was ages long."

Louis gently placed the sweating cup on the genuine oak desk. Edward turned around in his chair to look at the assistant before grabbing the cup and taking a single sip.

"I hate it throw it away," Edward ordered. "Now return to your desk, the phone is most likely ringing non-stop."

Louis let out a frustrated sigh before grasping the coffee and dumping it into the bin.

"Sir, what would you like for lunch?" Louis quizzed, remembering that Niall told him that would be one of his chores.

"Nothing, my brother is bringing my lunch today." Edward slowly took off his reading glasses which were balanced on his angular nose before placing them on his desk.

Louis nodded and moved to leave before Edward's voice interrupted him again, "oh and Louis?"

"Yes, Mr Styles?"

"I do not tolerate attitude. Do I make myself clear Mr Tomlinson?"

Louis took a shaky breath before answering, "yes Mr Styles." With that, he was out of the room faster than ever.

Louis wanted to pinch himself, hard. Perhaps run to the bathroom and scream. Pulling his hair out also seemed like a good option. Instead, he took a deep breath, returning to his desk which was situated a few feet away from Edward's office.

Not long after, he was interrupted.

"Hello. I'm here to see Edward Styles. Could you please open the door for me. Just call through and let him know it's Harry."

Looking up Louis thought he was crazy. There was a duplicate Edward - except this man was smiling, his hair was shorter and his clothing was... loud.

"Um, Mr Styles?"