Dodici

Flashback:

"Look, dad, I got 100% on my finals test." Marcel proudly marched into the kitchen where his entire family was sat.

His father turned to him looking over his report. "Good job bud, if only Edward was as smart as you, huh?" Des took a large gulp of his beer.

Edward frowned, looking over his shoulder. He glanced at his test paper his mere 63% score stared him in the eye. A fail, again. No matter how hard he tried, he was always ridiculed when he inevitably failed. Harry also received poor test marks, but for some reason, Des never once demeaned the hippy-like Alpha.

"Come here Edward, show me your test score." Des beckoned, holding an expectant hand out. The 17-year-old sighed passing over the paper, ready to be ridiculed. 

"Failed again I see..." He shook his head in disappointment.

"I tried but its hard y-" Edward was cut off by an entitled Marcel.

"It's not hard Edward. All you have to do is multiply the coefficient by pi and find the s-"

This time, it was Edward cutting Marcel off, "just shut up Marcel. Nobody asked. I fucking hate you all."

Des stood up, towering over the teenage Alpha, "Edward you watch you mouth boy." Edward huffed racing upstairs. Anne turned around, placing down the spatula from where she was cooking.

Desmond shook his head, "stay here Anne, I will deal with him." Stomping off, Des continued to barge into Edward's room without any notice. There Edward was, curled up on the chair in the corner of his room.

Des growled, grabbing the collar of Edward's school uniform and pulling him to his feet.

"Get up, wipe your tears. You're an Alpha, not a fucking Omega. You don't cry." Edward hiccuped, quickly rubbing at his eyes, "so-sorry D-Desmond."

"You're the eldest. Born before Marcel and Harry... and look at you. Crying like a baby. I expect more from you. Right now your younger triplets are showing you up. You should be ashamed."

Edward whispered, "i-i tried..."

Des merely rolled his eyes, "shut up, your next test, I expect you to receive a better mark than Marcel."

Edward frowned, "but... I-that-that will never happen." His eyes sunk with sadness.

"Are you thick boy?! At the end of the day, who cares how you get something, as long as you get it.  It's not about intelligence, it's wit. You don't need to study when you can bribe."

With that, Des was dropping his collar and with one last disappointed glance leaving the room, "man up Edward."

The door slammed behind him, leaving Edward alone to his own thoughts. Edward slid down the wall as fat tears rolled down his cheeks, he muttered to himself continuously, "man up Ed, man up Ed."

Just as he began to compose himself Harry opened the door, leaning against the frame. His seventeen-year-old-body was slender and long.

"Oh crying again, Edward? Can't even pass a test, now you're crying and you call yourself an Alpha." Harry chuckled softly before closing the door and leaving.

Edward huffed, pacing back and forth in his room. He felt anger bubble inside him. He met his own eyes in the reflection of the mirror. They were bloodshot and the green, if possible had become muted. 

He growled at his reflection, wiping his eyes until they were no longer red, but a stone cold green. He stood up straight, ripping off his shirt as he rolled his shoulders back.

From that moment on a new monster was born.