Undici

Edward sighed as he finally entered his large mansion which he called home. He had stayed late at work, leaving almost four hours after Louis. He had a personal skype meeting with a potential business partner and the time-zones meant it had to be held later into the evening.

Edward walked down the lengthy hallway welcoming himself into the lounge room where he found Louis, Marcel and Harry curled up on the sofa watching some romantic comedy, probably something staring Anne Hathaway if he knows Harry.

"Eddie!" Harry smiled, lines forming on his forehead.

Plastering a smile on his face, Edward turned to kiss Louis and Marcel on the lips before turning to Harry who immediately hugged him. He returned the favour with a forehead kiss. He failed to notice how the curly-haired man's eyes sunk with sadness.

"You look unusually happy Edward," Marcel muttered looking suspicious.

"Well, I am, as you call it, unusually happy."

Three collective stares where his answer, all silently asking Edward for more information. Naturally, he rolled his eyes as he sunk into the one seater sofa, kicking off his work boots and unbuttoning his shirt. It was a sight for sore eyes — a tired Edward, hair curly, only in socks, slacks and an open shirt.

Gorgeous is the word Louis would use.

"I signed the deal. With the Asian ambassador, I was talking about. It's a 9.2 million dollar deal. It's closed as of tonight. Mega profitability down the line." Edward smiled, messing with his hair, he expected cheers or congratulations from all three of his significant others, but instead, he only received two.

"Oh wow, Ed! That's so good, congrats baby." Harry murmured, taking his briefcase for him and putting it to the side. Marcel's eyes also widened, "Wow! that's amazing. I know you have been looking for an investor like that for ages."

Louis however, remained silent. Edward looked at him quizzingly, "Louis?" No comment?"

"Edward, I'm your assistant, I know this is a great deal... but I did read the fine print of what it entailed... Your trip... to Asia? You're not going to attend are you?"

The CEO pulled his shirt completely off, chucking it to Harry who caught it in his hands, now engaged in what Louis had to say, Marcel was too.

"Of course i'm going Louis, it was part of the contract. It's my side of the deal to help them expand their enterprise. I will be attending Asia for roughly 9 months perhaps 8 if the business succeeds faster than anticipated."

Edward spoke as if his words had no consequence. Finally Marcel and Harry understood Louis' silence. Edward had signed a deal which saw him leaving for a near year.

"Why didn't you ask us first Edward!" Marcel's eyes widened.

Edward's glare was quick to make an appearance, "I do not need your opinion, Marcel, I am the boss, not you."

Louis looked ready to cry as he stood up, "did you even think about us before signing this stupid deal, Edward?" Louis' lip began to shake as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

"I decided in the best interest of the company, do you want money to live?"

Harry remained silent, almost as if he was too scared to disagree with his more dominant brother. Marcel, however, rolled his eyes, "we are billionaires, we aren't going to have to mortgage a house anytime soon."

Louis just shook his head, sitting back down next to Marcel and curling up into his arms, "we were going to mate this month, and you are telling me you're leaving me... us? I just got you. You didn't even ask me, as an assistant, about the deal."

"I don't need to. I'm the CEO." Edward rolled his eyes as if he had not just heard Louis' proclamation about mating.

"Why even keep me in your office if you don't need to? What do I mean to you, Edward?" Louis wiped his running nose on Marcel's shirt; it was disgusting. Marcel and Harry found it adorable. Edward, however, was too consumed with rage to notice.

"You are my assistant, and the Omega I will mate."

Louis just shook his head, standing up and leaving the room, he opened the door one last time making an appearance to Edward.

"No, you are wrong Edward, I am not an assistant to you. I'm a useless Omega who brings you lunch and coffee and then sucks you off at your beck and call. I get it now, Mr Styles."

With that, the front door was slamming, leaving Edward alone, contemplating his actions and words. For the first time in years, he felt a pang in his chest.

A sense of emptiness.