Chapter 3

"Vi, I'm so sorry I got you caught up in this." Beth's sympathy dripped from her words but they held little weight to me. I was more concerned for her well-being than what had gotten us here in the first place.

"It's fine." I reassure her.

"Vi? That short for something? I could see you beein a Violet huh?" My eyes flickered from Beth's to his before answering.

"Violetta actually." He chuckled at my answer and I narrowed my eyes slightly.

"I didn't not expect such a basic bitch to have a nice ass name." He compliments, Beth scoffs at him earning her a glare.

"I mean I thought you'd have one of those names like Janice, or Elizabeth." I almost crack a smile at his jab at Beth. I let my eyes settle on his own, observing him for a few moments, trying to analyse who exactly I was dealing with. My line of work called for dealing with such men frequently as much as I tried to avoid it.

After a few moments of the two of us staring down each other I finally let my observations slip from my lips, much to Beth's dismay.

"I'm assuming your name is short, three or four letters maybe six. It's simple, straight to the point maybe resembles something. It's something your boys can refer to you as with little confusion, I'd even go as far as saying that it's a place of some description. A city? No." His men stiffen and the man's smirk falters slightly. "Ah a city! How creative." They give each other wary looks and I go back to giving Beth a reassuring look. Before the man has a chance to respond to my accusation Annie and Ruby have arrived and were being ushered to sit beside us.

"Welcome ladies, I'm sure you all know why we're here yeah?" They nod their heads and I'm still left confused.

"Look we'll get your money back we have it." My eyes widen as Beth tries to plead with the man.

"Well most of it." We snapped our attention to Annie who looks sheepish. "What you're telling me you never spent any of it." The other two looked infuriated and I was once again baffled by the entire situation.

"That's a real shame ladies, really. Boys." He motioned for them to pull their guns and I spoke up.

"Wait!" He puts a hand up to stop the men. "How much money are we talking?" It was his turn to be confused.

"You for real had nothin to do with this huh?" I shook my head in clarification. "Well darlin I'm sure you don't have the kind of cash to bail-"

"How much money are we talking?" I interrupt his condescending tone.

"Five hundred grand, in cash." I look back to the other three with a surprised and disappointed glare. "I'm assuming you don't have that kind of cash in a lil squirrel fun." He breaks into a grin.

"Give me ten minutes to call some co-workers and I can have it here within the hour." I retort motioning to my phone that lay on the table face down.

"And let you call the police? I don't think so sweetheart." I'm not surprised at his skepticism, I'm similar in nature.

"You can call them yourself, its under Peter, work." His eyes still held suspicion but one of the men retrieved it for him. "It needs my fingerprint." I'd gotten it specially made to only respond to my finger so not even a passcode worked. I was grateful that he allowed me to unlock it before snatching it back from my hand.

He eventually found the contact he was looking for clicked on it, letting it ring through on speaker. It only rang three times before being answered by one of my most trusted employees, Pete.

"Hey boss, you were due back at the office half an hour ago, everything okay? His voice held concern and I cleared my throat.

"Peter I need you to bring me five hundred thousand dollars in cash to my brother's place, you remember where that is don't you?" There was a moments silence and I knew he was informing the rest of the staff.