Chapter 30

I'd tried to pry information about Rio's past but was met with a series of skilled subject changers and topic avoiders. After a few minutes of pointless back and forth I'd concluded to just let him tell me when he felt like it, not wanting to push any further on an obviously touchy subject.

Rio had taken me out of the house for the day in order to get my mind off of everything but somehow we'd ended up in the Boland family household, the exact place I was supposed to be avoiding. He lead me up to the doorstep and ignored all of my objections.

"Family means everything to you, I'm not letting you fuck up your relationship with all of them just cause your brother's a dick." He states and I'm taken aback by his bluntness, not that it's all too surprising. "Plus Elizabeth obviously needs a break so we're taking the kids to the movies." I was surprised for the second time.

"You want to take the kids to the movies? Are you feeling ok?" I place a hand on his forehead to mockingly take his temperature.

"They're good kids, plus it's good practice for when we have our own someday." My cheeks flushed at the clear hint and I looked away awkwardly. Unsure of what to tell him. I was about to explain when he rang the doorbell and little footsteps were heard on the other side.

"Aunty Vi! Rio!" It was Emma that opened the door, barraging us with a hug. The other three weren't far behind, eager to see us. However, behind the four usual rugrats were Sadie, Sara and Harry. They stood with awkward stares and nervous smiles as they watched the other four fight for our attention. After hearing the commotion Beth, Annie and Ruby were quick to ensure that everything was ok.

"Violetta." Beth sighs, and I realize just how much she's hurting as well. I make my way toward her and she envelops me in a desperate, emotional hug. I retaliate with the same energy, both of us suffering greatly at the hands of our family.

"I know." I reply as she begins to cry. Ruby and Annie are quick to take the kids into the next room while Beth and I talk about it. "Rio and I are going to take the kids for the afternoon, give you some time to process all of this without interruptions." I pull away from her and Rio stands beside me.

"They can even stay for the weekend if you need some extra crying time or whatever." Rio adds. Beth gives him a look of almost respect as she smiles at the both of us.

"You really don't have to do that, they can be a real handful. Plus you probably need time to process to Vi." Beth argues but I shake my head.

"I've made my peace with what Dean's done, plus I have all the time in the world to process, you have a lot on your plate and if giving you some peace for the weekend can help then consider it done." I retort and she hugs me again.

"That would be great, they're going to be thrilled." She shoots me a look and I ask Rio to go tell the kids the good news. I turn back to Beth and we both sit at the kitchen bench. "I don't think I can ever forgive him Vi. Is that horrible?"

"You aren't horrible Beth." I place my hand over hers. "What Dean did was selfish and disgusting, you don't have to forgive him at all. It's going to take me a very long time before I even consider his forgiveness." I pull my hand away and run it through my hair. "We'll just have to take it one day at a time."

"I suppose so." She sighs. "One more thing." I gesture for her to continue. "If I'm going to let my kids stay with you tonight I need to know that Rio is 100% trustworthy because if anything happens to them-"

"I trust Rio with my life. He would never let any harm come to them, I promise they'll be safe. I know you have your doubts for obvious reasons but he's really not as scary as he seems." I lean in closer and cup my hands around my mouth. "He's actually a teddy bear." I whisper and she laughs. "But don't tell anyone it'll ruin our rep." I joke and she mockingly nods. Before we could continue our conversation all seven of the kids burst through the door, Rio in tow.

"Mum can we go to the movies with Rio and Aunty Vi? Please?" Kenny begged and Beth pretended to think about it.

"I don't know. Your room isn't very clean." She teases and the kids' faces go pale.

"That's a shame." I add. "Cause I'm having a sleepover tonight and only kids with clean rooms are invited." The four of them were off like a rocket as they ascended the stairs in a mad dash for their rooms.

"Mum, do you think it would be okay if I went to the sleepover? My rooms clean." Sadie asks Annie who looks between us and Beth with skepticism.

"What about me and Harry, do you think we could go too?" Ruby and Annie both began to say no when Beth cut in.

"Maybe we can talk in the dining room?" Beth asks and the two women follow them out leaving Rio and I with Sadie, Harry and Sara. The three of them were great kids, they all regarded Rio with a sense of hesitance similar to my niece and nephews had a couple of weeks ago. To be fair Rio didn't really give off the look of a family guy that likes kids, more of a scary bachelor type really. While they were entertaining themselves I eavesdropped on the women's conversation in the next room.

"Are we just gonna ignore the fact that this is the guy that held us at gunpoint! Or the fact that he literally tied us up in a warehouse! Now you want our kids to spend the night at your gang leader sister-in-laws house." Annie was frantic as per usual. And I suppose that when she put it that way it probably wasn't their ideal situation.

"The guy that let a felon bleed all over your daughter's bed." Ruby adds.

"Violetta trusts him and I trust Violetta. He's been great with the kids so far, you saw him at the hospital." There was a brief silence. "Besides, we're no angels either. Plus Violetta's helped us with a lot, including getting Rio off our backs. She's trying to do something nice. This is how she copes with these things, I think its a good idea." Beth reasons and I feel a smile paint my face.

"She did get us into that cool club that time." Annie adds.

"And she payed for Sara's treatment." Ruby sighs, admitting defeat. "I'm still not comfortable with this." She continues.

"I mean we get a night on the town while we say 'fuck you' to Dean Boland, plus none of our kids have been out to have fun since all of this started so its probably good for them." Annie was quick to jump sides. "I say fuck it, what's the worst that could happen?"

"There's a lot that could happen." Ruby argues. "But I see where you're coming from. One night, that's all." I hear the three hum in agreement. Before they make their way back into the room I make a phonecall to a colleague of mine that runs a male strip club and an exclusive lounge in the nicer part of town. I call in a favour and make reservations for the mums for later tonight. Upon their arrival I inform them of their exciting plans for the night and they look shamefully giddy. The Boland children had returned downstairs with overnight bags in hand and excited smiles on their faces.

"Can we go too mum, please?" Harry begs. Ruby and Annie give each other a look.

"You can go as long as you make sure its ok with Violetta and Rio." The three kids turn to Rio and I with hopeful glimmers.

"Violetta, is it ok if Sara, Harry and I come to the sleepover?" Sadie asks, slightly unnerved by Rio's resting face.

"Of course it is. I'll call a driver and we'll go and get your things." Their eyes lit up and I couldn't help my own smile.

~~~
Ok so this story is so stale right now but it'll get better I promise!

MY VERY FIRST ORIGINAL WORK IS NOW PUBLISHED!!! IM EXTREMELY PROUD OF THIS SO IF YOU GUYS COULD CHECK IT OUT ON MY PROFILE AND GIVE IT SOME LOVE I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL! ITS AN LGBT STORY AND ITS THE FIRST TIME IVE WRITTEN ANYTHING LIKE IT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE IT A READ IT WOULD MEAN THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME IVE WORKED SO HARD ON IT!!!

Anyways thank you all so very much for all of your support and get ready for some cute scenes in the next couple of chapters.

~Mikayla