Chapter 5

Two days had flown by, I'd kept my staff on duty around Beth, Annie, Ruby and their families not taking any chances with this new gang. The women still were wary of my job's vague nature. I couldn't exactly tell where I'd pulled five hundred thousand dollars from so I just avoided them altogether, instead burying myself in trying to get to the bottom of who the gang was in the first place.

"You're telling me that nobody knows who this man is?" I asked frustrated, Pete looked unfazed with my attitude, having dealt with it for so long but the other four people in the room looked as if they were going to faint.

None of them had so much of a photo of the man, making me question what on earth i paid them for in the first place. I dismissed them with an agitated sigh, settling back into my desk to try and focus on other matters.

Not even an hour in and I hear a timid knock on the door, I announce for Candace to come in, having learnt her knocking from her years of working here.

"Miss Boland? There's a man in the reception saying he's here to see you but he doesn't have an appointment." I tapped my pen in annoyance, in no mood to deal with another lawyer wanting another hit or mall customer that took me for a simple shopping centre owner.

"If he doesn't have an appointment he can make one with Linda downstairs." I retort, barely giving it any thought.

"Well I tried to say that to him but he wouldn't leave, he demands to see you. He doesn't look like our regular clientele." I flicked my eyes up to meet hers briefly.

"And what does he look like?" I question.

"He's got a neck tattoo and an eyebrow slit." My eyes roll slightly. Of course incredibly well paid and trained staff couldn't find him for two days and here he is.

"Send him up." I say dismissively, trying to make out as if he was any regular guest.

I cleared any informative paperwork from my desk and locked it in my draw, careful to keep it all under wraps. I mean keeping it a secret was half the job after all. It wasn't long before another timid knock was heard and I called them in, Candace popped her head in first, making sure I was ok for her to allow him in. I nodded to her and she opened the door wider.

And there stood Rio, his hands in his pockets and a smug grin plastered across his face. I motioned for Candace to close the door as she left and she did so wordlessly.

"Nice lil thing you got goin here sweetheart." He strolled around the spacious office, his eyes scanning the pictures and artwork littering the walls, his gaze pausing on my business degree his eyebrows raising slightly.

"I obviously need more security if you got all the way up here." I retort and his eyes return to me, making his way over to the seat and slouching in it.

"What can I say? I'm a sweet talker." I roll my eyes lightly.

"I'm sure you aren't here to sweet talk me so let's discuss why you're really here." I retort, not having enough time to deal with this, my schedule busy enough already. His eyebrows raise slightly as he leans back in his chair slightly, hands entwining in front of him. "You've got your money, we're done." He laughs, a sinister intent clear in his tone.

"Done? Nah darlin we only getting started. I mean ain't no way you could get five hundred gees in cash without being in some gang shit." His eyes scanned me as I replied.

"Gang shit? Oh please. Take a look around, this place could make five hundred thousand dollars in a month. I kept a little stash for myself, well I did before your boys took it." I looked at him pointedly and I could tell he didn't buy it whatsoever.

"You're telling me you own this entire fucking building?" He questioned smugly assuming he was calling my bluff.

"Yep, we just extended next-door would you like a tour? The world of retail is riveting don't you agree?" It was my turn to smirk as his face dropped slightly, realising just how wealthy I was.

"No way you ain't dealin or somethin." He continued to accuse me but I denied once again.

"Just a smart investor really. Now if you are done accusing me of being some crime lord I believe we're done here." I challenged him, his jaw clenching slightly in realisation that he'd come up with nothing.

"This ain't over yet Letta." He scowled before getting up to use the door. I was taken back by the unfamiliar nickname and decided to have a little fun.

"It's Violetta, but everyone around here just calls me boss. Feel free." It was very different to interact with him in my environment. The look of complete anger on his face brought a small smirk to my face. He slammed the door abruptly and I assumed that was the last I'd see of him.

~~~
Rio's POV:

I know that bitch is hidin something, ain't no way she's got this many security guys and half a mil in cash without being in some sketchy shit. Her last comment had my blood boiling, who the fuck did this lil business bitch think she was huh? Her tattoo still stuck with me, the bee being a bit of a myth around the streets. I've been told the story time and time again of the most underground gang in America but she was just another trust fund baby with too much time on her hands.

With these thoughts still swirling in my mind I stormed out of her office, content on finding out just what she was hiding. All her workers gave me dirty looks and I had no problem returning the favour, intimidating them just as I'd predicted.

"What do you think he's here for? There's no way he's a new client." I catch the beginning of two workers speaking in hushed voices.

"I don't know, maybe she's decided to branch back into street dealing? Getting back to her roots?" The other cracked a joke at my expense and it took everything for me not to stick my gun right up his ass.

"Surely she wouldn't. I mean it's taken years to build it here, there's no way she'd sacrifice it to go back to dealing to local crack heads." There it is. I don't know how quiet they think they were being but they just got their boss in some major shit.

My lips quirked into a smug smirk as I strolled back in to re-negotiate.

Game on, Darlin.

~~~
Shorter chapter but the next one's gonna be way more intense/

~~~Shorter chapter but the next one's gonna be way more intense/