Chapter 15

Monday rolled around quicker than I anticipated and all at once I was sitting in one of our meeting rooms with Rio's three closest gang members and my three most trusted employees sitting at the large table. Rio and I sat at opposite ends, staring each other down as we discussed the details of our merge, each time I shut down his offer he would smirk and wink, only furthering my frustration. We'd decided that my clients would flush the money, no one would suspect them and that his clients would only purchase drugs from me.

"Ok, only... Three more things left to consider." Candace spoke, calming the restless gang members. "In terms of money, are both incomes combining or remaining in separate accounts?"

"Separate"

"Combined" Rio and I both replied at the same time, glaring at each other once again.

"There's no way in hell we are combing accounts, you could take off with the money." I reason.

"Damn sweetheart, find some trust." I look at Candace, Pete, and Rufus, all shaking their heads at me.

"No. We can open a separate account to put a percentage of each account's income as a safety net for the business but that is all I'm willing to settle for." Rio's head nods slightly.

"Only if I get something else in return darlin." I maintained eye contact urging him to continue. "We get our own wing of this buildin you got." I ran my tongue over my teeth as I glared at him.

"I've already given you a warehouse." I retort.

"I wanna keep some of my boys around, make sure production and distribution are going smoothly." His boys nod their head, eager to agree to anything he says.

"Perfect, we'll build you an office above the warehouse," I reply sweetly, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"We both know that ain't an option Letta-"

"Miss Boland." I correct him, not wanting that nickname to get any further.

"Right. Miss Boland. I'm not budging so you find us some place to work or we join our accounts   up to you." I took a second, knowing I'd have to cave once again.

"Fine, I'll get our construction team onto building it, what's next." I avert my eyes to Candace.

"Um, office spaces which I think we just covered." We both nod at her.

"I'll be taking the office right next to Miss Boland here." Rio pipes in much to Pete's surprise.

"Excuse me? That's my office." He exclaims before looking back to me. "Violetta you can't be serious." I looked between the two, guilt clear on my face as I sighed.

"I'm sorry Pete-" I begin before he cuts me off.

"So first you give up control of the company that you built to some gangster and now you're giving him my office? What the fuck are you doing?" He looks to me with betrayal and I'm at a loss for words.

"Pete I don't know what to tell you but this is business," I reply, my tone taking on a professional tone.

"This is bullshit." With that, he stood and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Damn baby, you're popular with all the guys huh?" Rio and his men all chuckle with each other but Candace shoots me a concerned glance.

"Pete just disapproves of my recent business choices which's  fair enough considering the reckless nature of it." He just smirks in response.

"When someone 'disapproves of my choices' he learns quick smart how to agree you know what I'm sayin?" Candace saw the look on my face as an invitation to continue so she read out the last item on the list.