Chapter 12

Enjoy, my beautiful precious beans💕😙

Aurora's POV:

It's a new day in the mansion I'm trapped in, and my first day as an engaged woman. It feels a bit different for some reason. I mean I'm still the same kidnapped hostage I was before but I can't pin point what's changed.

I head down stairs for breakfast to be greeted by Claire and the other maids.

"Aurora, congratulations." Claire chirps as she makes her way over, extending her arms and motioning me to hug her, which I do so.

"Thank you." I state. I'm getting a bit tired of being congratulated on being engaged when I didn't even want to. It makes me remember that this is real, and that it's happening. And frankly, I'd rather keep my mind off it.

"Come on, show me the ring." She says, pulling out and grabbing my hand to look at it. A gasp immediately escapes from her mouth.

"Oh my god, it's so beautiful." She utters emotionally and I smile. She doesn't realize how heavy it is and how uncomfortable it feels. "Wow." She gasps again, making me feel slightly embarrassed.

"Thank you." I chuckle awkwardly.

"So what are you up to today?" She asks.

"Oh, Um, Tristan said he's taking me somewhere but I don't know where." I reply as she nods. Though, I get distracted by the sight of Janet eyeing me with anger. I really want to talk to her about her spiteful behaviour towards me. I don't want any trouble between us and I don't get why she would hate me because I'm engaged to Tristan, by force might I add.

"Aurora, good morning dear." I snap my head back to see Tristan's mother who strolls into the kitchen.

"Uh, Hi Mrs Black." I greet as she walks over and kisses my cheek.

"How are you today?" She asks. Honestly, I don't even know how I feel. I don't want to sound sappy or overdramatic but I can't fathom into words how I've been feeling lately.

"I'm good." I softy reply and she knits her brows in reflexion. She's trying to figure out something.

"Claire, would you make us some coffee? We'll be in the garden." She latches on to my arm as I furrow my brows in confusion. She pushes the glass door leading to the garden and ushers me in, we both sit down on a bench as I tighten my robe around me.

"Talk to me, dear. I can tell you're not feeling okay." She says gently, in attempt to get me to talk. I don't want to talk though, I've past the will to even talk to people. And even though Dianne is a really kind lady who treats me nicely, I'm starting to dislike being around her, just because she reminds me of him.

"W-What do you mean? I'm fine." I assure her, trying to make it seem as convincing as I can but she purses her lips as she shakes her head.

"Are you getting nervous? Getting cold feet already?" She raises her brows as she waits for me in answer. She thought right, except I'm not nervous. I'm petrified.

I shrug my shoulders in response, looking down to my lap, she let out a puff then reaches over for my face, cupping it in her hands as I flicker my blue orbs to look at her .

"My sweet child." She starts. "You have nothing to worry about." She states in an assuring tone. "Tristan loves you and he'll always appease to your needs. Being a mafia wife is most certainly a challenge, but it's not different than any other marriage." She pauses and I gulp, then continus. "Give him your caring nature, your heart, your love and he'll bring out his. Support him and devote yourself to him and he'll do the same. You'll make a perfect wife for him, my dear, I have no doubt." She adds with a smile on hear face. I stare off into space in thought.