Chapter 57

Tristan's POV:

I shoot up from my chair, my eyes still on her. I make my way over to her but she turns away and runs out. I'm being really fucking patient. I'm tired of fighting and making her upset.

I follow her to the room and open the door she closed behind her, following her inside.

"I can explain." I sigh out, making my way towards her as she walks towards the bed. I grab on her wrist but she gets rid of my grip.

"Y-You promised you weren't going to hurt him." She mutters, tears making their way down her cheeks.

"It was before you told me anything. Fuck, you know how I get with these things." I attempt to calm her down but she just stands there with a frown on her face.

"But you told me. You promised, you promised you wouldn't hurt people anymore." She sniffles, wiping her cheek dry.

"As soon as you told me, I stopped. You know I'd never do anything to upset you." I explain, trying to reason with her. It's so frustrating.

She stays silent before she speaks up. "I-I think I want to be alone."

"I've left you alone all this time. I want to talk." I raise my voice slightly, getting impatient.

"I don't want to talk." She shakes her head, looking at the ground. "Please, not now." She mumbles before turning away from me.

Fisting my hands, I shove them into my pockets before walking out, shutting the door behind me.

Aurora's POV:

I flinch at the sound of the door being slammed, burying my face into my hands and breathing out.

God, this just keeps getting worse and more complicated. I hate it. I don't want to fight with him anymore but I can't help but be annoyed. It's never the answer to hurt or kill anyone. No matter what they did.

It's not even about my dad. I just don't want Tristan to be that person anymore. I know it's part of his job but killing because our baby is dead isn't going to help anything.

Sighing, I pull the covers over myself and bury my face in my pillow, breathing heavy.

Tristan's POV:

Hours after leaving her alone, I decided it was time for her to eat. I walk inside and watch her curled up under the sheets, her eyes open, slowly blinking and staring ahead.

I sit down on the bed and sigh, flicking my eyes to her. She looks so tired and so sad. It's making my chest tighten.

"I'm sorry." I hush out, apologising. "Fuck, I'm trying." I sigh, rubbing on my forehead as I watch her.

She doesn't turn around, she doesn't move, she just blinks away smothering her face in the pillow.

"I'll go." I grumble, pushing myself up from the bed. But I don't get too far.

Before I can get up, and suddenly, unexpectedly, she pulls me in. Grabbing on my shirt and pressing her lips against mine, kissing me.

Without any hesitation, I reciprocate it. Playing my tongue against hers. There wasn't even a struggle in my mind. It's just instinct for me to want her at every moment.

I place my hand on the back of her head, pushing her against me, feeling the need to taste her more.

Fuck, she has no idea how much I missed this. How much I've been waiting for this. It's been hell. It's been fucking torture watching her be around me all the time, looking as effortlessly perfect as she always does, and not kiss her.