Chapter 40

Y'all are gonna hate me but enjoy😙😙

Aurora's POV:

"Are you feeling okay, Aurora? You look tired." Aylina questions and I shake my head. What is it with people asking me if I'm sick or not?

"I'm going to go get a drink." She sighs. "Do you want one?" She asks.

"No. Thank you." I say back with a smile as she nods and walks away.

Since I'm stood close to the door and most people are outside in the backyard, I was able to hear the bell ring. So I walked towards the door and opened it.

Outside, stood a man. A tall attractive man with light brown hair and a cigarette  between his lips. His olive skin and his built body. His hair sleek and pushed back. He looks about Tristan's age.

He takes the last drag of his cigarette, looking to his right then throws it, stomping on it with his foot.

"Hello." I catch his attention as he turns his head to me. His eyes travel fast to my chest then to back to my face as I grip tighter onto the door.

"Hello indeed." He hums. "Fuck, is it just me or did the sun just come out?" He winks at me and I frown.

Who is he and why is he talking like that?

"I didn't know the most beautiful girl in the world is here. I would've been more polite." He adds, biting on his lip and dragging a hand through his hair.

"I-uh....who are you?" I question, my voice cracking mid-sentence.

"The name's Alex Black. I'm here to see Tristan. I'm his cousin." He informs me and I raise my brows. How come I've never seen him before?

"Oh, okay. Come in." I bow my head and open the door wide so he can enter.

"And remember that name, gorgeous. You'll be screaming it later." He gives a one eyed smile then licks his lips.

I don't even know what that means.

Ignoring his last statement, I mutter "He's upstairs in his office. Second door to your right."

"Thanks, sweetcheeks." He winks, his dimples seemable as he gives a toothy smile.

He shoves his hands in his pockets with his head held high. He walks up the stairs and takes a turn, thus completely disappearing from my sight.

And just as he did, my mother in law enters from the back and huffs out, marching towards me.

"Aurora, what are you doing alone? Come with me, my dear." She sighs, taking my hand and leading me to the back garden where the pool is.

She opens the glass door and pulls me behind her.

There are a lot of people here, stood chatting, drinking, sitting in the garden by the pool. Some of them standing near the small waterfall trickling down.

As Mrs Black leads me through the crowd. I see Aylina waving for me as she stands with two girls who have their back to me.

Mrs Black lets go of my hand and lets me walk over to the side of the pool where they stood.

Upon my arrival, Aylina pulls me closer to her. I stood awkwardly and stared at the two glamorous looking girls. They look really pretty and seem sweet. Maybe I can try to make some friends.

"Lana, Kristen. Meet my sister in law, Aurora." She introduces me and I give a shy smile.

"Love your name. I'm Kristen." The red haired girl chirps. "Your hair is gorgeous by the way." She compliments, taking a strand of my hair in her hands then letting it go.