Chapter 68

A few days later:

Aurora's POV:

This morning, I woke up with a huge smile rush of excitement flooding through me. Because today, Tristan is finally coming back home with me.

Flashback.

Last night, I was sitting in my vanity, brushing through my hair, getting ready for bed. That's when the phone started ringing so I rushed to pick it up. I knew it was Tristan because he always calls me to say good night.

"Hello." I say, pressing the phone against my ear and waiting for him to reply."Hey, baby." He answers in a hum, his voice so deep."How are you doing?"

"I'm okay. You?"

"Just fine. You got time to talk?" He asks and I gulp and nod to myself. "Yeah, is something wrong?" I ask, slightly worried. I want him to talk to me if there's anything bothering him, I can try to help him.

"I have some good news." He says, making me sigh in relief. "I'm coming back tomorrow." He states, my heartbeat shooting up as soon as he says those words.

"Really?" I gasp, jumping up from the bed in excitement and clutching the phone tightly, a huge smile playing across my face.

"Mhm, I took care of everything I needed to. And I'll be taking some time off so I can stay with you." He continues, making my smile widen. That means I get to spend more time with him, it can't get more perfect than that.

"That's amazing news. I'm so glad everything worked out well." I chirp excitingly, walking over to the window and looking outside. "What time should I expect you tomorrow?" I ask, the anticipation of seeing him taking over.

"I'd say noon." He says and I nod to myself. "Okay, do you have any requests for lunch?" I ask him. I want to do something special for him.

"Just you, waiting for me." He hums, making a smile creep up to my face...

Flashback over.

Ten days have felt long enough and now I can't wait till I finally see him. I stand up from the bed, opening up the curtains and opening the balcony.

I step into the balcony and wrap my robe around myself. I lean against the railing and watch his car get into the driveway. A rush of happiness comes through when I think about how he's here with me again. I'm so excited.

I rush downstairs to see him closing the door. I immediately run up to him and wrap my arms around him, taking him by surprise. I practically jumped on him, almost tackling us both to the ground.

"Don't hurt yourself." He chuckles as I keep my head buried in his chest. He drops his suitcase and wraps his arms around my back, holding me ever so tightly. Nothing will ever compare to his embrace. He makes me feel everything. It felt like forever since I've been near him. I've missed his voice, his smell, just everything.

"I missed you so much." I mumble into his chest, nuzzling closely into his chest as he places one hand on the top of my head and the other one on the small of my back, pulling me against him.

"I've missed you more, angel." He hums in a deep voice, placing a lingering kiss on the top of my head. "Are you alright?" He asks, stroking my hair as I nod against him, inhaling his scent that intoxicates me in the best way.

"Look at me." He orders in a soft voice, looking down on me as my cheeks blush profusely. "Let me see you." He hums, tugging on my jaw and making me look up at him. I'm sort of nervous to look at him, just because I always get shy when I do.