Chapter 54

Tristan's POV:

"I don't know, Aylina. I have no fucking clue how to get through to her." I sigh, looking over to my sister as she sat across the desk from me.

"I guess we'll just have to give her time." She nods to herself. "What did you do to her dad?"

"Sent him to the hospital. I fucked him up bad." I confess, rubbing my forehead.

The minute she told me not to hurt her dad, I got nervous. That same evening I had tortured him till I felt fulfilled. I wanted to do more than that though, I wanted to slowly drain the life out of him.

But if it means that I'll have to sacrifice my desires for her to have what she wants, then so be it. I just want her to get back to her old self. How she used to be around me not so long ago. Fuck, I loved that. How her face would light up whenever she sees me, how she always blushes around me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

I'll do anything for Aurora. There's no doubt in that. I'd have to be six feet under, held down in hell before anything can happen to her.

She doesn't like herself. She thinks she's marked and useless. She doesn't see herself like I see her. I wish she would know how perfect she is. But that's my job. I'll do everything for her. Everything. I'll get on my knees for her.

She needs to know that I'm here. That she's mine and that she does have purpose. I need her to be her again.

"Where is she now?" Aylina questions, crossing her arms over her chest.

"At home." I sigh, leaning back against my chair.

Silence swarms the room as I rub on my forehead, feeling worn out.

"When was the last time you had proper sleep?" Aylina asks, raising her eyebrows.

I haven't been able to sleep well in a while. Sometimes, Aurora often wakes up in the middle of the night, panicked. She says it's because of nightmares she's been having. So I sit and watch her till she falls asleep again.

I have not been able to focus on my work because of my lack of sleep. I have tons of things on my mind, and I can't be productive in my current state.

"Mr Black?" A voice says, making me and Aylina look to see who it is. A guard of mine stands at the door.

"What is it?" I reply as he looks between me and Aylina.

"There's someone who wishes to see you." He states in a formal voice. I don't want to see anyone so this better be important.

"Who?"

"I don't know but they said it's important." He replies as I take a deep breath. I have no time for desire to see anyone.

"Send them in." I order as he nods and steps out of my office.

A few minutes later, Liam strides in. What the fuck is he doing here? If I wanted him here, I would've kept him. But I didn't. I spared his life. It was the first time I've ever done anything like that.

"I'll leave you to this." Aylina says, standing up from her chair and exiting the office.

"Liam. What can I do for you?" I question, crossing my ankle over my other knee.

"Good afternoon, Mr Black." He greets in a nervous tone. I send him a nod and sit there waiting for him to talk. He steps closer and stops at the end of my desk. "I heard what happened. I'm sorry for your loss." He says in a whisper to which I nod.