Chapter 77

Six months later:

Tristan's POV:

"Is everything in place?" I ask Elijah as I talk to him on the phone.

"Yes, boss. Everyone on the guest list is expected to make an appearance. Most of them are already here." He informs to which I nod to myself.

"Good. We're just about to leave the house, we'll be there in an hour." I reply before hanging up the phone and placing it inside of my pocket.

I walk out of my office and make my way towards our room, going into the closet. I find Aurora sitting on the carpet in front of the mirror wall, straightening her hair while Eric crawls all around her, threading his hands through her long hair.

He started crawling recently so we had to baby proof the entire mansion. I know I could've hired people but when it comes to Eric's safety, I can't really trust anyone else.

"Are you ready?" I ask her as she pushes her hair back and it flows down her back.

"Almost. I just have to put on my dress." She replies, standing up from her previous sitting position.

"Can you put Eric's shoes on while I go get dressed?" She asks as I nod. I pick up Eric from the ground but he starts crying when we walk away from Aurora.

"Shh, she'll be back." I try calming him down, placing him on the bed and letting him crawl around.

I put his shoes on then play with him for a bit before Aurora walks out of the closet, the sound of her heels clicking closer.

"I'm ready." She smiles, putting her rings on her finger as she does. My eyes drop down her body.

The black dress she wore clung to her curves, going all the way down to her legs, off her shoulders. She pushes her hair down her back and adjusts her dress.

Fuck me, she looks so good. Her face, her body...It's been years and every time I look at her is like the first time.

Aurora's POV:

I run my hands down my dress, flattening it down against me. I look up to see Tristan walking towards me, with that look on his face. I can already tell where this is going.

"You look beautiful." He compliments, his eyes dropping down my face. I feel my cheeks heating up and I don't want him to notice. But he does, which prompts him to lean in and plant a kiss on my neck.

"How much time till we absolutely have to leave?" He asks, kissing on my exposed shoulder.

"We might have to find you a new dress when I'm done with you." He whispers against me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Tristan, the car is waiting for us downstairs." I giggle as he kisses on my neck, plastering me against him.

"Hm, let's get going then." He smirks, pecking my lips then turning around to pick up Eric from the bed who is reaching out for his dad to pick him up. He looks so cute in his little clothes. I'm really nervous about tonight though.

The driver greets us then opens the door for us. Tristan places Eric in his car seat and makes sure his secure. The driver closes the door behind us then gets in the driver seat. He starts the engine and we drive away...

"Yeah, we're on the way." He says into the phone before hanging up.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask, a bit hesitant about this evening.

"Aurora, trust me. I'll never put him in danger." He assures me, placing his hand on my thigh and giving me a light squeeze.

You see, for over nine months, no one has met Eric besides some of Tristan's closest men, his parents, his siblings and Stella. I wanted it to be like that. I wanted to be private and give him time to grow up with only me and Tristan and close family.