Chapter 24

Enjoy. Make sure to comment and vote❤❤

Aurora's POV:

I woke up with sore muscles and an unability to stand. Tristan took me three times last night and it's made me exhausted.

But that doesn't matter because today is going to be a good day. Today, I'm going to the orphanage after so long.

I dress myself quickly and head downstairs where Tristan's waiting for me. After having breakfast, he locks the doors and takes me over to his car. He opens the door for me and I slide in, then he walks over to the other side and shuts the door behind him. He starts the car and drives out of the parking space, heading to the gate.

The drive was pretty silent, I just stared outside the window the entire time as Tristan placed his hand on my thigh the entire ride. What feels like forever, we finally arrive at the orphanage.

"I don't want you leaving, do you hear me? I want you to stay inside and don't go anywhere else until I come get you." He orders and I nod submissively. I don't want him to yell at me again so I'll just do as told.

He smirks and reaches over to my face. "I'll pick you up in a few hours, my love. Call me if you need anything." He tells me, kissing my cheek. I nod again and thank him before opening the car door and sliding out. Tristan doesn't drive off, instead he stays watching me till I enter. I turn around and glance at him as he's looking at me with a worried look.

I look away, turning around and closing the door behind me, waiting to see everyone after a long time.

I'm so excited.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how's married life treating you?" Mrs Harrison asks, pouring coffee into my cup.

I've been here for a few hours and honestly, I've never been this happy in quite sometime.

"Everything's fine, Mrs Harrison." I answer with a slight smile on my face.

"So, catch me up with everything. I haven't seen you in forever." She asks, grabbing both my hands.

"Oh, I was on my honeymoon so I was out of the country." I tell her and she nods.

"Well, we're happy you finally came to see us. Let's go see the kids, they've missed you."

"Auntie Aurora." The kids say running towards me as I crouch down to hold them in my embrace.

"Hi, guys. I've missed you so much." I say in a soft voice as they smile at me. I feel so content, this is where I want to be. "Where's Maisy?" I ask and they shrug. Maisy is the youngest kid in the orphanage with only a few months old. I took care of her most of the time.

Just then am I able to see Mrs Harrison holding a very sleepy Maisy and handing her over to me. I've missed this little bundle of joy so much. I couldn't hold back a little gasp.

"Oh, hi." I say in a soft baby voice, stretching my arms to hold her as she reaches over for me. "Look how big you've gotten." I say, holding her. "Did you miss me?" I say, kissing her head as she places her little hands on my neck. "You're so cute." I say, securing her head and rocking her as she laughs.

"Oh, Aurora. I forgot to tell you we have a new volunteer. Come and meet him." She says as I hold on to Maisy and follow her to the playing room.

"This is Jackson. Jackson, this is Aurora, one of our longest term volunteers and like a daughter to me." She introduces me but I can only see his back. He turns around and gives me a big smile and I reciprocate it. He licks his lower lip and takes it in his mouth as he looks me up and down.