Chapter Eleven

I hope you have been enjoying this book so far, If you have anything you would like me to know for example any plot holes or typos, then please let me know in the comments. As always I hope you enjoy this chapter X

...

"I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn't something about you at all. It was just you."

–Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

...

The next morning I was woken suddenly by a searing pain coming from my wrist. I sat up and rolled my messy hair into a bun before assessing the damage.

Everything from yesterday came flooding back to me. Shit. Yesterday was terrible.

I looked down at my hand with a grimace, being met with deep purple bruising and numbness. I could barely move my fingers and my wrist gave me hell when I tried to move it. I used my good hand to haul myself up into a sitting position.

It was then that I also realised that I had forgotten to change into any pyjamas last night, and I was still in yesterday's clothes. I opened my curtains and flung the window open, instantly welcoming the fresh air.

My room was as messy as my mind felt. At least I had a couple of hours before I had to go to the office.

Dust was collecting on the bookshelf and the mirror at the end of my bed was all foggy. I opened my bedroom door and padded into the hallway, turning the lights on as I went. I found my pink fuzzy slippers disregarded under the couch, so I slipped them on and started clearing away any mess that had gathered in the house.

On the counter in the kitchen, I found my bag from the day before, containing my phone and purse. I started brewing some coffee for myself, craving the caffeine and perched myself on a stool to see if I had received any messages.

It was a shock to say the least, when I discovered twenty missed calls from Ada, as I had expected, and one from Tyler.

"God k-knows how he even got my n-n-number," I muttered to myself, pushing my bangs out of my face. I texted Ada to let her know I was okay, and then I left my phone on the counter next to my coffee and decided to go for a shower to wake myself up more. "This is gonna h-h-hurt" I let the water beat against my sore hand. I let out a small whine of pain in protest when said hand bumped into anything, but didn't put up much of a fight. It was a struggle to wash my hair but I managed, wrapping a towel around myself once I was done and going back into my room.

Ten minutes later and I was back in my kitchen again, scrolling through my Twitter feed. I had changed into a Rolling Stones hoodie and a pair of my dad's old sweats.

I was disturbed by the obnoxious ringing of my phone. I went to press the decline button to whoever was calling me, but with my luck, I ended up pressing the accept. "Oh, d-d-dam it dam it d-dam it!" I angrily complained to my phone trying to end the call and tapping furiously, but for some reason my phone was not allowing it. I heard a dry chuckle come from the other line. 

"H-hello?" I asked, hitting the speaker and trying to sound like I hadn't just tried to decline the call.

"Fawn is that you?" Came a voice. Who was calling me?

"Y-yes, it is. May I a-ask who this is?" I stuttered nervously, not entirely recognising the voice in my sleepy state.

"Sunshine!" He yelled down the phone, alerting me it was Dean. "Rise and shine!"

I groaned, looking at my phone and wondering why Dean's name was not connected to the number. "Did you change y-your phone or s-s-something?"

"Yup!" I could practially feel his grin through the screen. "A few of us came into the office early, I brought donuts! I thought you want to know."