Chapter 13

Chapter 13

(Patience's Pov)

"Is he going to be okay?" I tried my best to keep calm as I watched King go from light brown to bluish.

The paramedics ignored my question and continued to stabilize King.

"Is he going to be ohfuckingkay?!" I never really used curse words but my patience was running short.

"Sit down and be quiet. At this point things aren't looking good, therefore we don't need any interruptions ma'am." The older white paramedic spoke as he hooked King up to a machine.

All I could think about was Keara.

"This shit is my fault, I should have handled my business like a woman instead of dragging someone else into it, King wouldn't have got shot because he wouldn't have been there, it would have been me laying there instead." I swallowed hard at that thought.

But for Keara it's well worth it and I began to wish that somehow King and I could trade places.

I held his hand until we were forced to separate at the hospital. I hated the way the hospital looked and felt. It was filled with negative energy and hopeless hope. Everything about it seemed bad, either someone was sick, dead, or had a possibility of dying and I hated that.

I sat in the uncomfortable waiting room chair debating if I should try to reach Keara's baby sitter.

I pulled out King's phone to call the baby sitter. The last person to call him was Keara so I just called that number back.

SexyAssBri. Hmmph

I wasn't in the position to be in my feelings over petty shit. I just wanted him to be okay.

The phone rang three times and I was just about to hang before she answered.

"Hey Daddy."

I automatically paused.

"Umm it's Patience."

"Oh what's up ma?"

"It's King, he's been shot.

"Oh my God, is he okay?"

"I don't know yet, I know he's lost a lot of blood."

"What hospital are y'all at?"

"Saint Charles."

"Okay we're on our way." She ended the call.

About 15 minutes later Keara and the baby sitter arrived.

As soon as she seen me, she ran to me band jumped in my arms.

"Ms.B how did Daddy get shot?"

"Someone he knew accidentally did it." I said while rubbing her cheek.

I could tell Brianna was just as nervous as I was. She was biting her nails constantly and my leg wouldn't stop shaking.

"Why are y'all so worried? My daddy is a fighter, he's going to be okay." Keara spoke relaxed, too relaxed.

"Keara you don't know that, but I hope so." Brianna chimed in.

Keara jumped out of my lap and walked torward a doctor.

"Excuse me sir." She grabbed his attention. "Tell them that my daddy is okay." She demanded.

"What's your fathers name?"

"King Smith." She said proudly.

The doctor automatically smiled. "Actually I was headed to his family now, where's your mother?"