Chapter 17 ~ Zarianna?

Sicily

After the day out with Simon and the boys, we came home and had dinner. Louis only made it worse making that weird face at everyone, while we spluttered our food. I could't get that face out of my mind.

"Hey, Sissy, you might wanna' come see this!" yelled Harry up the stairs, as I worked on a long forgotten song. I could hear the grin in his voice and strapped on the american football helmet I'd bought that day. Last time he said that I got chocolate and cheese down my shirt while he got flour in his hair and pasta sause all over his jeans. Next time, I don't join in. i don't even know where we got the chocolate sauce from.

I held up a pillow as I wlaked into the game room, and Harry burst out laughing. I smirked at him and took off the helmet, sliding onto the chair next to him. What surprised me was Ricky's face was on the screen, staring down at  something in his hands.

"Ricky?" his head shot up and he gave me a smile. Harry slid out of his seat and walked away. i went to grab for him but he made a face at me while twirling out of my grip.

"Hey." he said. I stared at him suspiciously. What were they planning?

"Hi...NIALL, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, IF THIS IS A DISTRACTION! I HAVE MY HELMET!" I yelled at the closed door, knowing he could hear me from the kitchen. I heard him laugh from the kitchen and I gave a grin. So it wasn't him..

"Nah, I just wanted to talk to you." I gave a tiny grin to him as he said that.

"So...What did you want to talk about?" I asked, and a blush tinted his cheeks. I decided not to tell him, because it made him look cute. He stared down at his hands again and shifted on his bed. The laptop moved and he steadied it. "Ricky?"

"Oh yeah, um..I was wondering if you...wanted to go out with me and my friends next week. You don't have to, I was just wondering..." he whispered, and I felt happiness explode in me. He asked me out. Well, not officially.

"S-" the door burst open and Niall and Louis burst in, clutching me from my seat. I shrieked as Louis picked me up while Niall sat down in my seat.

"No way, in hell, are you asking my baby sis out. Bye!" he clicked on the 'end call' button and Ricky's face disappeared from my screen. I made a groaning noise and fell limp in his arms.

"What the hell did you do that for?" i said, annoyed. He shrugged, took a bite of his sandwich and left. Louis grinning down at me and plopped me down on the couch, sitting next to me. i made a grab for the computer as the call button came on, but Louis pushed me down.

"No."

"yes." I said at his face, as he towered over me.

"Noooo."

"yeppers."

"nope."

"Uh huh."

"Nada."

"hell yes."

"I can go on like this all day."

"Your so cheesy."

"BUT THATS WHY COWS ARE GOING EXTINCT!" he yelled, making me burst out laughing. He grinned and raised his hands from my shoulders, letting me lie back against the couch. I sighed and he turned on a movie for us to watch.

Halfway in, I let sleep take me...

--

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" someone screamed, waking me from my twillight dream.  I bolted from my seat on the couch. No-one was there. That was until I heard angry footsteps. I slid the blanket from around my waist and poked my head out the door. Perrie was stomping down the stairs with tear marks on her delicate face. Zayn followed after her as she grabbed her coat.

"PERRIE, DON'T! IT WAS A WHILE AGO!" yelled Zayn, and I knew what those words meant. Another girl. I was about to get up when she started cursing at him. I didn't know Perrie had such a colourful language. She slapped him hard across the face as her crystal tears fell and slammed the door.

The house was silent, as Zayn stared at the ground where her converse shoes had stood. A car engine outside was heard as it sped away from the house. I watched as Zayn lowered himself onto the bottom step of the stairs, shoving his hands through his carefully gelled hair.

He started sobbing quietly, knowing the door was open, but he looked so broken he probably didn't care. He probably thought I was still asleep. I debated whether or not to get up and ask what happened or sit here and wait for him to calm down. Being the child I was, I got up and made myself known.

 "Zayn?" his head shot up and already his eyes were going red. He went to wipe his eyes but I stopped him. "I heard..."

He lowered his head and a sob rattled him. I rushed towards him and hugged him close to my shoulder as he started sobbing loudly. I couldn't say anything, I really couldn't. He was always the one I thought would never break down, but he was sat here, crying over a fight.

I don't know how long we sat there, and I knew the boys had left and Zayn had stayed. Most likely to take care of me. I felt tiny tears pooling in my eyes as I watched him cry, and I was brought back to the night of when Louis was shattered when he caught Eleanor cheating. It was as if the two boys had switched places.

He choked a bit on his ragged breath, and soon, he had long stretching tear marks. The wind from an upstairs window blew his hair softly as his glassy eyes showed pain.

"She might b-break up with me. A-all because someone p-posted something about me and A-arianna Grande-e...T-they called us Z-zarianna." he started sobbing again as his voice was filled with disgust. He didn't hate Arianna, it was just how one simple tweet that Perrie had come across broke her heart and she took it out on him. I went back to his words. "PERRIE, DON'T! IT WAS A WHILE AGO!"  so he did have something to do something with Arianna Grande. But, it was over now. Perrie just didn't except it.

"Want to go get some ice cream?" I asked, and he chuckled at me. He nodded and wiped his eyes. I searched around in the bottom of the fridge for Ben and Jerry's, wooping loudly when I found it. We sat down on the small couch in the game room where I had been asleep and watched The Notebook. Yes, I made him watch a girl film.

By the time the boys came back, we had empty bowls of icecream, a flickering TV and Zayn's eyes were no longer red from hours of crying.