Chapter 27 ~ Flames, Knives and I love you's

Sicily

My breathing caught in my throat, as people stepped out of cars, while random bystanders surrounded the building, walking through alley's to watch as a twelve year old girl was about to have her throat slashed, in front of a crowd, all because one man had been bored with his life.

"Trent Sanders. We're here to co-operate. Put down the knife and you, and your brothers will be spared." said a calm man, stepped into the circle, his hands raised above his head. My breathing hitched and I watched as Connor curled his fists, while Trent just smirked, a head above me.

"You really think I'm going to let her go? No, she's my prize." prize? I had no idea of that. The man nodded, as if understanding, and tears pricked my eyes. What made them spill, was when Niall, Harry, Louis, Zayn and Liam stepped out of a car, Louis with his hand on Niall's shoulder, tears streaking down their faces. I hung my head, not wanting to see their tears. This shouldn't have happened.

"Well, can you tell us why?"

"To pay a debt. Now tell your men to leave." his hand tightened on the knife, pressing the long side of the blade carefully against my throat. I felt the cold of it and flinched, but he just smirked at me.

"I'm sorry, but i can't do that, Trent. Tell your brothers to come here now, or we may have to take you down. You don't want your family to go down with you, do you?" I watched as Niall tried to claw past people, but a familiar dirty blond girl stood in front, resting hands on his shoulder. She was a bit short, and he relaxed, only a little. She turned, and I realised who she was. Alexia. Louis' sisters friend. She was with the F.B.I.

"Family!?" he spat, glaring at the ground, then turned around as the three boys peered at him, with confusion in their eyes. "They're adopted. They have no blood to me. So, no family for me. Take them, they're nothing!" he yelled, and people gasped. Officers tried to push back the crowd, as teenage girls pulled out their phones to record. Why wasn't I dead yet? Or why hadn't someone helped me? Girls noticed the boys, but turned their attention back to the sight at hand. Maybe the fandom wasn't as crazy.

Trent pulled out a button and, in one quick motion, stood up, wrapped his arm around my neck and positioned the knife at my abdomen. He smiled down at me and kissed my cheek, licking up my tears. I tried to recoil from him but he held me firmly, as he watched the terrified people staring in horror. Alexia pulled up a gun, positioning it to his own abdomen.

"You want me?" he asked, spitting his words. I started whimpering, being completely pathetic. What happened to the girl whose skateboard was her best friend, who knew no danger. Where did she go? "You take us both!"

I let out a strangled gasp and my hands flew to my stomach. A sticky liquid coated my hands in seconds, whilst my hands shook. I heard someone scream while behind me, the building's floors each caught on fire. I didn't watch as Trent threw himself into the fire, while his adopted brothers ran, scared. I fell to my knees, while tears fell onto my lap. Patches of wet tears coated the jeans I was wearing, a bit bloodstained.

I hit the floor, my eyes going glassy as I screamed in pain. The blood pooled around me and I dropped my hands, as I rolled onto my back, watching as the flames licked the clouds, like ice cream. It was all in slow motion, as the shape of the building turned twisted and gnarled, turning into a black blob. The only thing I could decipher out of the whole chaos, was my brothers mess of blond hair. I couldn't even see his face as he knelt down to me and I clutched him, letting the world go for just one last time.  

--

When i woke up, my curls were splayed out beside me. I smiled and fingered them, and felt a weight on my leg. I tried to pull myself up, but a stinging pain stopped me, as I quietly seethed, holding the side of my stomach. As I looked around at my limited view, I saw a heart monitor and IV's, stitched into my arms. The walls I could see were white. I gritted my teeth and survived the pain, to sit up and see the most amazing sight.