/chapter one/

A Melwood Story
Chapter 1

Chris

I look at the alarm clock that's next to my bed. It's nine the the morning. I'm surprised my daughter has let me sleep in this long.

I push the blankets off me and slide out of the bed. My feet make the floor creek as I slowly walk down the hallway of our apartment to my daughters bedroom.

"Nya?" I whisper as I open her bedroom door.
I see her sitting on the carpet in the middle of the room.

She turns her head to face me. "Daddy!" She says and jumps up to run into my arms.
"Good morning, Ny," I say as I pick her up gently. "What are you up to?"
"Draw," she tells me, pointing to the mess on the floor.

"Guess what?" I ask her.
"Wha!" she says.
"Daddy has to go to work today."
She makes a pouting face. "Nooooo."
"Yessss," I say as I tickle her stomach lightly.

Today is my first day on the show Supergirl. I'm a little excited since it's my first job I've had since Nya started walking and being more independent. When I did my last show, I had to have someone on set with me that could watch her while I acted.

Now, you might be wondering, why couldn't Nya's mother watch her? Well, I guess I'll tell you.

Nya was not planned. Her biological mother was young and wasn't ready to be a mom. I told her that if she had the child, I would take care of the baby and she wouldn't have be involved in the child's life. Of course it's been hard to be a single parent. Especially since she'll only have a dad and I don't and never will have female experiences to help her when she's older.

And although I love Nya with all my heart, I haven't been able to keep a relationship for more than four months.

Melissa

I'm very excited for the first day of filming Supergirl Season 2. There's going to be new cast members, new sets and more.

I wake to Blake's arm laid across my stomach, him still asleep. I slowly and quietly pry it off me.

Once I make it to the kitchen, I make some tea and sit down at the table. It's 6 am. I have to be at set in an hour and a half.

Farley comes and sits by my feet while I answer my emails on the couch.

Blake wakes up twenty minutes before I have to leave.
"Morning," he says. "What's for breakfast?"
I look up at him. "Whatever you make."
He doesn't say anything else just turns and opens the fridge.

I gather my stuff and head out the door twenty minutes later. Blake doesn't even bother to ask where I'm going. Maybe he knows or maybe he just doesn't care.

I arrive on set before anyone else. I like to be early. It's better than being late. Especially on a TV show set.

Chris

I manage to get Nya ready in enough time so I won't be late.

Or so I thought. The second I arrive on set, someone asks, "are you Chris Wood?"
"Yes," I say.
"Okay. Follow me."

I swing Nya into my arms and follow the person. They led us to hair and makeup.

When I step inside I'm asked again, "Chris?"
"Yes, that's me."
"Alright, you can sit here." The lady points to the chair in-front of her.
"Okay." I sit down and put Nya in my lap.

About five minutes later, another couple people enter the trailer.

"Hi," says one woman with blond curly hair down to her shoulders and light blue eyes. "You're Chris right?"
"Yeah." I smile.
"I'm Melissa," she says as she extends her hand towards me.
I remove a hand from holding Nya and shake her hand.

"I'm excited to work with you later today," Melissa says.
"Yeah," I say awkwardly. "Me too."
She smiles a big smile then walks over to her chair.

a/n

(sorry for a short chapter!) hope you enjoyed the first chapter. please leave comments and opinions:)
-El