9. Serene

I woke up to soft snores coming from a teenage boy on the couch, diagonal to the spot where I was sleeping. I slowly opened my eyes to the sun filled room and looked over to Parker.

His arm hung over the side of the couch, swinging softly with each small breath. His mouth hung slightly ajar with drool slowly making its way out of the corner.

He's adorable.

As I continued to stare at him like a total weirdo, he slightly moved with being close to waking up. Before I had time to look away, he opened his hazel eyes and yawned.

"Good morning," he gruffly mumbled with a deep voice. I smiled back at him, rubbing my eyes like I'd just woken up too.

"Morning! How'd you sleep?" He slowly got up from the couch, ripping the blanket off, and tried to stretch his limbs. Let me tell you, I wasn't focused on his actions but instead his bare chest that were on full display with his low sweatpants.

He cleared his throat to get my attention to which my cheeks broke out in a blush.

He smirked at me but continued with the conversation, "I slept okay, not as good as I would've next to you though."

I rolled my eyes, my banter side coming out, "Ha ha, never gonna happen so you better get comfortable on that sofa."

"One day! It will happen, Paige." He laughed walking into the bathroom, and I heard the shower immediately turn on.

•••

As I was waiting for Parker, I did some research into what was around here, having never been to Florida and not knowing what was in Miami.

Beautiful beaches and piers kept popping up on travel sites so we'll have to drive to one to get the full Miami experience.

I heard the bathroom door open, but didn't look up from the blue water ocean pictures and what looked to be the softest sand. "Hey, I think we should check out a beach today. We are in Miami Beach after all and haven't gone to one yet."

"Sounds like fun. What cute little number have you got to seduce me? It's probably two hot pink triangles with a little cloth in the private area. Actually, no I take that back. It's probably nothing at all!" He laughed at his stupid jokes to which, I threw a towel at him. My aim was a little off, meaning I missed him completely which made him laugh harder to the point where he was bending over himself, gasping for air. I flipped him off and went over to my suitcase and unzipped it.

I reached into my suitcase to try to find the one piece bathing suit that I packed but it was nowhere to be found.

That's odd...

I continued to search through the small pockets and finally found an unknown material that I don't remember putting in there. Pulling it out, it was a very small black bikini that someone else must've packed. Most likely being Carly. I groaned, knowing that this totally wouldn't work on me. I just want my one piece back!

"We're gonna have to stop at a bathing suit store," I told Parker, turning to look at him.

"Why?"

"My regular swim suit did not get packed and all I have is this thing!" I motioned towards the skimpy black suit. He picked up the articles and studied each of them before sizing it up to me.