21. Amusement

"Nope, nope, no."

I'd been going through my wardrobe for the past half an hour flinging different items of clothing behind me onto my bed or onto Kharis who had decided to come and help me get ready since Carly was off doing god knows what today. Every couple of minutes, I would hear a grunt of annoyance and shuffling on my bed as she moved out of the way from the onslaught of hoodies, leggings and jeans.

Kharis is useful for a lot of things like last minute homework or random facts that I really didn't need to know but fashion? She was as clueless as I was. We had simular tastes with hoodies and jeans, however my palette was usually more neutral tones, hers was more colorful and vibrant. Although, Kharis doesn't care as much as me, she only really needs her own approval not others.

Nevertheless, I have been stuck on what outfit to wear and Kharis hasn't really had any useful input on the situation. Only humming when I say something or grunting depending on my tone. With the majority of my wardrobe laid out on my bed, I collapsed on top of it checking the time on my phone.

Six thirty.

Half an hour until Parker gets here.

"What if I just cancel? Do you think it's too late to do that?"

Finally looking up from her phone, Kharis squinted at me.

"I mean, he's going to be here soon what are you going to tell him? 'Oh hi Parkie, sorry I won't be able to make it cause my wardrobe doesn't have the right clothes. Toodles! Maybe next time.'"

I threw a shirt back at her, trying to quiet her snickering.

"I could just tell him I'm sick."

"Or you can just choose something to wear, like a normal person."

"But what if it's not right for the date? What if I wear a fancy dress and heels and we go to Mcdonalds? What if I wear a t-shirt and leggings and suddenly we're going to a nice steakhouse? I'll make a fool out of myself!"

Rolling her eyes, she sat up. "What about that stuff Natalie gave you? Surely there's something ther-"

"Of course! Why didn't I think of that... Wait how do you know about that?"

"The mystic forces told me..."

I squinted back at her, not appreciating the sarcasm. She simply rolled her eyes, adjusting herself on the bed and snarked, "Carly told me duh. We talk you know."

Ignoring her comment, I walked back to the closet. I dug around the drawer, looking for the item I needed.

"Ah ha!"

I turned around to Kharis again presenting the item down in front of her.

"O-kay a pair of black shorts. What top?"

I began rummaging around on my bed.

"How about," I continued rummaging," This!"

Once again, I presented an item to Kharis. This time it was from my own collection. An olive green tank top. Holding up my index finger, I rummaged around looking for something more to add to the outfit. I perked up when I felt the silky material between my fingers and carefully pulled it out of the pile. A flowery kimono jacket my aunt had gotten me on her last trip to Japan. Perfect.

"Finally! See that didn't take that long, you definitely didn't need an hour," she mumbled.

I grabbed the clothes and raced across the hall to the bathroom to change.

Ten minutes left.

I got back as soon as I'd changed and noticed my beat up converse and a pair of ankle high fishnet socks laying beside them.