16. Change

I pushed the hard wood hotel door roughly, making it slam but it resulted in my goal of getting into the room. I stumbled in, holding onto the wall for support as I kept going with giggles.

Parker was behind me as I went through the room in a panic, trying to get to the bed to crash out.

"Woah, slow down there." He put his large hands on my waist to try to steady me as I weaved around the desk and dresser. I pulled away from him, trying to untie my sneakers but my unbalanced body got the best of me and I went crashing into the side table.

Maybe those last couple of shots from Natalie during Florence and The Machine weren't so smart...

Even though Parker wasn't driving, I never saw him drink tonight and I wondered why. Right now I was lucky he was in a more sober state because he quickly caught the falling lamp that had been pushed over by you guessed it. Mwah.

He sighed in frustration, guiding me and making me sit on the bed as he undid my shoes for me. I laughed at his cuteness. "Aw, you look so cute when you're angry at me, Parker," I said, throwing my body back onto the bed.

Wow, was it this comfy before?

I bounced around on it, trying to feel everywhere.

Is this memory foam?

I was having fun on this comfortable contraption before the bed decided it wasn't having fun with me.

I heard a low snap as one of the short legs gave out and I went rolling to one side. Now the bed was angled and very lopsided. I looked up at Parker in shock as he mirrored my expression. A few moments later and our frowns turned into smiles.

We both laughed until our stomachs hurt and he finally stopped to see the damage I had done. Crouching down to the broken leg, Parker slid over his suit case to prop it up and fix it short term.

"Look what you did. Please just stay still," he grumbled.

"But I'm not tired," I whined to him snuggling into the pillow further. He opened up the covers for me and I gladly got under, still in today's outfit.

"You chill now? Sleep tight, Paige," he whispered as he pulled the comforter up. He turned around to make his way to the sofa but I grabbed his wrist, stopping him in place.

"Stay, Park, please," I begged, pulling his arm closer to the bed in a strong grip. My eyes could barely stay open to see his reaction.

"You're trying to sleep with me, huh?" I caught a glimpse of his smirk as I rolled over to the other side of the bed to make room for him. I patted the spot lazily, watching him through lidded eyes waiting for him to join me; too tired to respond to his suggestive comment.

"Just get in here," I groaned, closing my eyes for good.

A few seconds later after I heard shuffling for a bit then the bed squeaked and he had finally decided to join me. He lifted up the covers, slid his legs under the comforter whilst trying to get comfortable in the now slanted bed.

Oops.

In my loopy state, not caring about my actions, I snuggled in closer to him and enjoyed his warmth next to me. I quickly drifted off to sleep, not being able to comprehend what he had just murmured to me.

•••

Clicks from a phone camera woke me up from my dreaming state and giggling soon followed. The small sounds sent my head into a frenzy as my temples felt as though little knives were being pricked against them. Sourness clung to my tongue; my throat was parched and my lips were crusted. Slowly, I moved my body to face the direction of the noise, the bed protesting underneath me as I rolled onto my back. I opened my eyes slightly, the light entering rapidly. And brightly. My brain couldn't take the change and immediately, I screwed my eye's shut again.